Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Spain vs Poland

View attachment 274349

If you're gonna give free kicks for late tackles, you've arguably got to give a penalty for that.
Agree and it was a pen, though the foul occurred after he had released the ball and clearly was no longer involved in that particular attack and would have played no part in the outcome of it.

In a way you could say at the ref’s discretion it should be treated like a potential offside situation where the player offside has no influence or part in the goal.

In other words, before VAR it’s unlikely a ref would have picked up on it and given a pen.

Christ… after this finishes I might search YouTube for the highlights of our 2012 Euros campaign, just to wash my mind off of this shite.

Agree and it was a pen, though the foul occurred after he had released the ball and clearly was no longer involved in that particular attack and would have played no part in the outcome of it.

In a way you could say at the ref’s discretion it should be treated like a potential offside situation where the player offside has no influence or part in the goal.

In other words, before VAR it’s unlikely a ref would have picked up on it and given a pen.
Instinctively I did think similar, but then I remembered that players do get penalised for late tackles, which that clearly was.

It does feel a little weird, because it technically hasn't affected play, but then neither does any off-the-ball incident and they still get addressed (although I guess maybe you don't get a free kick for those? :hmm: ).

Considering the likelihood of scoring off a penalty it seems harsh to give one for a late tackle that doesn't affect play, even if you would 100% give a free kick for it anywhere else on the pitch. I don't really care what the actual rule is though :D prefer my own completely inconsistent opinion :thumbs:

Proper scrappy finish.

Considering the likelihood of scoring off a penalty it seems harsh to give one for a late tackle that doesn't affect play, even if you would 100% give a free kick for it anywhere else on the pitch. I don't really care what the actual rule is though :D prefer my own completely inconsistent opinion :thumbs:

Proper scrappy finish.
You're exactly the sort of dangerous type we need VAR to protect the game from :mad: :(

You're exactly the sort of dangerous type we need VAR to protect the game from :mad: :(
I believe you and your type are what is known in DnD parlance as lawful evil, as opposed to those like me and Rebelda, who are chaotic good.

Spain as shit and boring as usual. Get them out of this tournament.

I believe you and your type are what is known in DnD parlance as lawful evil, as opposed to those like me and Rebelda, who are chaotic good.
There is nothing good about chaos in a game of rules :mad:

Where does it end, eh? Where does it end? "Ooooh, let's use our hands and pick up the ball, and you don't have to get it in the goal, that's too 'lawful', just put it down anywhere you fancy over the goal line, and you can just jump on people and still call it a 'tackle', and why should the ball be round, anyway, let's make it a keeerrrazy shape, like an egg!" :rolleyes:

You want chaos? Go to a bloody kids ballpark and make merry!

Back
Top Bottom