Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So who's tried a Greggs vegan sausage roll/steak bake?

At Gloucester M5 services (which is like a very m/c services with grass on the roof and wooden benches and no BK), there are the BEST sausage rolls known to mankind. I urge you all to make the journey.

Ask them about their organic, single-origin, certified conflict-free diesel.

carrots have got fuck all calories - which you need to live. a diet of just carrots would see you slowly starve to death. a diet of just sausage rolls would keep you alive.
the high risk of heart attack/obesity would come after several years if you eat too many and did little physical exercise - cos youd be consuming more calories then you are actually using.
a diet of just carrots would not provide you with enough calories period - you would be very ill within a few months.

Yes, but you'd be a fetching shade of orange. :thumbs:

My eldest son, who has always been skinny, can eat huge quantities of fried food. I’m talking eating the dinner I cook him (healthy) then entire portions of deep fried chips and nuggets, or two sausage rolls, later. Mind you he’s 16 and cycles about with his mates for about 5 hours a day.

My eldest son, who has always been skinny, can eat huge quantities of fried food. I’m talking eating the dinner I cook him (healthy) then entire portions of deep fried chips and nuggets, or two sausage rolls, later. Mind you he’s 16 and cycles about with his mates for about 5 hours a day.

I used to be the same - my mam used to say I had hollow legs. I still eat a lot now so I burn it off somehow as my weight is stable.

The Twitter outrage is hilarious - some twat actually filmed himself buying a vegan sausage roll and chucking it in a bin.

I think some of these people must just be so ridiculously insecure that they see people rejecting the meat that they like as a personal attack.
You get similar responses if some people find out you don't drink - it really is like your choices are a personal attack on them, which they aren't.

I was the same that age. Used to have two rounds of sarnies, a bag of crisps and a Kitkat for packed lunch at school and then I'd nip out for a pasty too. Thin as a rake.

Got to 17/18, started drinking seriously and things changed fairly dramatically. :D

What would happen to all the cows if we didn't drink the milk, eat the flesh , use the leather etc ?

Why you asking me? I'm not vegan :D

As a dairy reducing veggie it is something I've thought about though. I wonder if the country did go vegan then maybe cows could be kept as part of crop rotation to fertilize the land for arable use. Not sure how this could be managed without slaughter though. Perhaps reintroduction of some natural predators?

I personally think a massive drop in meat and dairy consumption and a complete end to industrialised and factory farming would be a good step in the right direction

I wouldn't mind trying one of these now. It's been a very successful bit of marketing this by Greggs; and the apoplexy it seems to have induced has made me chuckle. I've only ever been to a Greggs once but I find myself warming to them. Even if Piers Morgan is in on it somehow. :hmm:

My sources tell me that Greggs and Piers Organ share the same PR company :hmm:

Not sure if that is true but would not be a huge shock.

Unlikely...

These domesticated species probably wouldn't live that long untended. If it were viable, they'd be on land that the farmer would want to turn to some other productive use anyway.

i think i might have been ever so slightly taking the piss.

Back
Top Bottom