Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

So, where you gonna go when this is all over ?

We've booked to go to Thailand in the autumn, in the full knowledge we may not be able to go

My post-Covid hug list is Gravesend, Oxford and Grenoble

Last edited:
Had New York & The Grenadines lined up for July, reality called and that's been dropped for Crete. However yesterday someone asked me for flights for a tour of Canada in late September/early October and asked what I thought the chances were. After a long think, "slim" was my reply.

UK Govt. says no vaccine passports, so that means that at some point there will be vaccine passports, but we'll be behind the curve. Greece has said they will accept UK arrivals in the summer if they have proof they have been vaccinated, but presuming we then have our vaccine passports surely they would need to confirm we have had the full, double-dose of the stuff, and that seems unlikely by the end of July...

Booked three nights in a tent in Dorset at the end of August, that looks more promising, apart from being a tent, in Dorset...

I am desperate for proper summer sun. I want to go to the south of France or Northern Spain. Not sure if any of it will actually happen.

People in the UK "shouldn't be booking" holidays at home or abroad due to ongoing coronavirus uncertainty, the transport secretary has warned,
Grant Shapps told the BBC he did not know "where we'll be in terms of cases, deaths and vaccination" by the summer.
Mr Shapps said the UK was talking to other countries about setting up an "international system" for checking if people have been tested or vaccinated.
But this should not be likened to a Covid "passport", he added.

UK tour. East Sussex to see my niece. Cornwall, maybe Wales too, pop up the road to the Peak District as bussing it up there seems to go against the rules currently.
Festivals, so many festivals
Rock City, Nottingham to see a band, preferably The Wildhearts or Therapy?, lose my voice, buy too much merch and be grinning like an idiot the next few days.
Japan
Seattle and other parts of the States
France

Top 3 are so-so easy to manage but number 4 might just swallow up all the funding so the last 2 will go on the back burner. I should really practice my Japanese a bit more than my French :hmm:

We've optimistically booked a few UK based trips this year, all fully refundable/movable.
The first is a trip to Whiby in March for my 50th to stay in a lighthouse cottage (I fucking love lighthouses!), but I fully expect we're going to have to move this - hopefully to November for Mr B's 50th.
Also a week in Cornwall in July.

The first place we'll go though is the Forest of Dean to stay with our friends. Haven't seen them since October :(

I’ve got a holiday cottage in Cornwall booked for the summer, the same one we stayed in last year. Not entirely sure yet it’ll happen, but if last year is anything to go by when things do open up demand will be colossal, and you won’t be able to find anything available, so I figured it was worth a gamble and sorted it back in October last year.

The one thing I've learnt from all this is planning and hope is a dangerous thing. I had to cancel an awful lot of things last year and by the end I came to think that cancelling things was more depressing then having nothing in the diary.

That being said I do have a flight down to South America booked for December. Fuck knows if that will go ahead but its a long way off. Beyond that I've nothing booked and won't be bothering with anything international just do some UK stuff.

With the absence of festivals last year we did camp out for a weekend at a mates house, he has a big garden, pool and his own bar in an outbuilding. We have that booked in again for June and I'm hoping mixing from different households will be allowed by then if only the rule of 6 stuff.

I've been dreaming of international overnight trains. The children are old enough now they won't be too much hassle and will no doubt be excited by the romantic, exotic nature of them.

I've been checking out yr man in Seat 61. Seems we can Eurostar to Paris for breakfast. Munich for dinner. Zagreb for breakfast. On the way to Macedonia, because I've not been there before so it'll be another country to tick off.

When this is over.

And a long distance, multi day walk. Perhaps Offa's Dyke.

And a weekend in London.

And a long weekend in Morocco, as that should be blow the children's minds.

And Edinburgh to catch up friends

And Warrington to catch up with the Outlaws.

And Skegness because Mrs Bassjunkie has never been, and for that reason, wants to.

And Cologne and Dusseldorf for Xmas markets.

And the remaining 150 countries to which I've not been yet.

Oh yeah, and Switzerland because we've been watching an episode of the Amazing Race set there.

Or, trains all the way to Istanbul. I've done that before, the rest of the family haven't.

And Armenia.

And Azerbijan

For starters. When this is over.

Orkneys - hopefully with my lass and her missus.

My lass's flat in Scottyland.

West of Ireland.

Festies.

Gigs gigs gigs - will have to start practising or will fuck my vocal cords in 2 minutes after all this time off! Am also planning to go to many more of the fella's band's gigs than I used to - I need to catch up on a LOT of dancing and singing.

Cancels trip to visit Badgers :hmm:

I'd like to get up to Scotland for some wild camping, Barra or Uist would be nice. I suspect that might have to wait until next year at the earliest, so I might have to make do with the Lake District and/or Northumberland this year.

I'd like to get to Manchester to see some mates. Maybe that London too.

Big trip - back to Cuba. One last trip before it's opened to americans and prices go up.
Europe - I fancy Aix-en-Provence this time.
UK - Reading see mates and drink decent ale.

But mainly festivals. Lots of sitting in a field with beer, bands and happy people.

The pub :thumbs:
The West End to just walk around, maybe a gallery and a cafe or restaurant.
Up North to see family & friends.
Hopefully re-booking Prague.
Anywhere that's not Brockley. Don't get me wrong, I love living here but am sick of the sight of the place having left it about fifteen times in the last year (for such exotic destinations as Crystal Palace, Forest Hill and Beckenham).

You can get Eurostar in summer direct to Avignon. We did it September 2019. Well worth it.
(It's not quite direct - you get off at "Avignon Parkway", then get the local train to the town)

I remember going through it on the way to Marseille. Never been to the town itself, is it a nice spot?

Back
Top Bottom