Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

so what's the archetypal *female* hipster look?

Cloo

Approved by toads
I've just realised that, while I have a very clear picture in my head of 'male hipster' (beard, quiff or topknot, sleeve and neck tatts, leather shoes, no socks, rolled up skinny trousers etc), I have no such equivalent for women. I guessthat women always have more varied options, but hipster archetypes seem much more identified with blokes than women, which is unusual. I suppose I have one mental picture of hipster type woman with a doo-rag, geek glasses, baggy shirt and stonewashed skinny jeans with ugly sandally shoes, but there must be lots of other sorts.

0487859f1c08c8f032a94df18cde31dd.jpg

Kind of the same as hipster man look really. Also high waisted peg leg trousers with loose top tucked in.
Midi length skirts and dresses.
Winter boots have been ankle or over the knee, but mostly ankle.
Jumpers cropped and cardigans over sized.

Nah they're wearing round frames now.

But it's not just *one* look. Like every other trend there's been (((hipsters)))

You can wear anything as long as it's worn ironically, ie in spite of the fact you know knows it looks ridiculous. Dungarees, furry legwarmers, fedoras, lumberjack shirts, fair isle jumpers, vinyl fishing waders; anything really. The main thing is to look as stupid as possible while not actually being interesting to look at in any way. The more you struggle to reach the tree branch of eccentricity, the more ruthlessly the quicksand of mediocrity pulls you in; that's the look you're going for.

Only thing worse than a hipster is a foreign hipster.

I was in France recently and the cool kids were all wearing single-colour tracksuits and those pudding-bowl haircuts cut too high up the head so they look like a makeshift yarmulke made of roadkill. I could only conclude that mirrors and/or taste are banned in France on penalty of death.

I was in France recently and the cool kids were all wearing single-colour tracksuits and those pudding-bowl haircuts cut too high up the head so they look like a makeshift yarmulke made of roadkill. I could only conclude that mirrors and/or taste are banned in France on penalty of death.

For a country that supposed to be a style iconic France has appalling taste in a great deal of things

Back
Top Bottom