Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Sky Q?

Throbbing Angel

uncivilly servile
Oi Oi

We currently have a Sky+ HD box with a dish on the wall.

They've offered us this (below). Is it a good deal? Is it better? I assume this is over the web only and not through the dish. Our broadband is good - usually around 45Mbps according to Fast.com which is enough for the 3 adults in the house, their iPads, phones, Netflix etc. Nobody is mining crypto here so the web isn't getting hammered.

What do you think? Deal or No Deal? What would I lose?

1720045207011.png

Sky Q can work with a dish although i believe there is also a broadband no dish option.

Before anyone mentions him. Murdoch no longer owns sky.

Didn't know that about the dish - will check out - thanks.

I gave up sky when I lost interest in big money football.

My wife and daughter have since signed up to Netflix, Amazon and Disney.

I cry sometimes.

We've never had Sports or Movies from Sky so we won't miss that. A few years back one of the main reasons we kept it was to have Sky Arts and NHK which are now both on Freeview and the fact the interface is so much better/easier than the majority of Freeview interfaces. So much simpler to navigate.
Plus, recording stuff, obvs.

We currently have Netflix and Prime Video too and have switched between Now, Roku, Disney in the past. I'm thinking if binning off Amazon Prime this time round.

is it cheaper that way and could I still have, say, Netflix on the bedroom tellies, which don't have Sky but do have Netflix built in?
Not sure tbh. Netflix you can include as part of the sky subscription. So you pay sky not netflix direct. Not sure about price difference though. Also i don't know about multiple tv's as i live on my own.

The other 2: disney and amazon you pay them directly but there are apps for them both on the sky q box (same as paramount+ if you wanted them). There are also iplayer and itvx apps.

Back
Top Bottom