Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shite beers

On the back of my recent observation that Becks is now brewed in an industrial estate in England and is weaker, I thought I should start a log of truly shite beer

Newcastle exhibition

generic keg shite served everywhere in the NE. utterly flaccid warm brown pop. Old mans drink.In a straight glass. Less offensive than the Broon but can be had for 1.99 a slug. Nasty.

Budweiser, Carling, Carlsberg, Fosters.......eurgh.
Ok, hypothetically, you either give up booze entirely, or only have one of those beers forever. Which one?

Have to be Carling. The others are guaranteed hangover.

worse

user2129_72551.jpg

" It's Water"

Ok, hypothetically, you either give up booze entirely, or only have one of those beers forever. Which one?

Have to be Carling. The others are guaranteed hangover.

It would probably have to be Carling :D

I mostly drink Sierra Nevada or Las Iguanas IPA nowadays...

There is only one this worse than shit beer and that is warm chemical strongbow cider in a can :(

Brains. Sorry Wales.

A myriad of "American style" IPAs that are made in Britain, where we invented IPA, and it doesn't taste like lager.
Don't knock Brains! Happy to drink their bitter if there's nothing else on. If you want really shite Welsh beer try Allbright bitter

Brains is shit, it really is. So are all those 'craft' brains beers, barry island ipa etc.

To my great disappointment, wrexham lager (was oldest lager in UK, when kaput early 00s after being returned into shit over a long time by carslberg, brought back a few years ago as an indie) is really nasty. Just tastes like generic boring 'premium' larger at first but after two pints I always get a nasty headache

Drybrough's Keg Heavy:

Drybrough-Keg-Heavy.jpg

And Drybrough's Burns Ale:

s-l1600.jpg

Both tasted like what you might imagine a glass of strained, coloured, sick might taste like.

My heart used to sink on seeing this shite on sale in a pub.

They were later IIRC bought-out by Watneys and killed-off in the name of good beer..!

Don't knock Brains! Happy to drink their bitter
Brains SA is fairly drinkable (in a drought)...and the Gold is survivable
The horrible Woodfordes Wherry though:eek:
I was loyal to Adnam's for years (Broadside) until a range of feeble summer ales put me off - Ghostship, Lighthouse - awful stuff.

Korev the Cornish lager is fucking rank chemical piss. Not even worth shandying

just been invited to the pub........sun is shining the booths are perspex and toasty and over look the beach.

but it’s TUESDAY at 1730

self discipline kicks in

Korev lager. Chemical tasting swill
Korev the Cornish lager is fucking rank chemical piss. Not even worth shandying

just been invited to the pub........sun is shining the booths are perspex and toasty and over look the beach.

but it’s TUESDAY at 1730

self discipline kicks in

That’s funny, I had a pint of it in a pub once and enjoyed it. I’ve bought a bottle since a few times and it’s been poor. I’m starting to wonder if they actually served me a different pint instead of Korev

I had a bottle of Newcastle Brown last night, for old time's sake in honour of the dive pub I used to go to to watch the football where it was the closest thing to proper beer on offer.

It's not very good as it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom