Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Great beers

Stroud was really well served with Uley Brewery up the road and the town one reborn, both had some really fine beer, Uley UB-40 and Stroud's Budding. Our local used to regularly get Otter beers which are a Devon brewer I think and they had a fine session beer too.
I've stayed near Stroud a couple of times, Stroud beer is a nice tipple.

I've stated near Stroud a couple of times, Stroud beer is a nice tipple.
Do check out the Uley ones too if you're ever back up that way, been going a fair bit longer, proper little local independent and does a couple of main beers basic but good. There's some great cider to be had too but was never really my thing so can't recall the names.

What I miss is seeing what's on the bar, ordering from a menu just isn't the same. I am looking forward to going to the bar , seeing what ales are on , ordering one, and taking it from the bar , and taking that 1st sip before you go back to your table.

What I miss is seeing what's on the bar, ordering from a menu just isn't the same. I am looking forward to going to the bar , seeing what ales are on , ordering one, and taking it from the bar , and taking that 1st sip before you go back to your table.
yes, our local the cellarman was a bloke I used to work with when I was in the same game and he could tell you why he'd got the guest beer in plus had pretty good judgement too and similar tastes.

Saw this outside a pub recently. Not sure how great the beers are though , Yorkshire ale £13.40
:confused: View attachment 266235

Those prices are very expensive for a Sam Smith's house.
That Stingo is pretty hefty, at 9%, and you don't often see it. I like it, but it is probably an acquired taste. Sam Smith pubs are generally as cheap as chips, so £13.40 is taking the piss. I suppose this is in London, though.

German- When at home- love Augustiner Weissbier, the lager helles and the Maximator, but that's pretty strong. Bitburger if I'm at the local.

Those prices are very expensive for a Sam Smith's house.
That Stingo is pretty hefty, at 9%, and you don't often see it. I like it, but it is probably an acquired taste. Sam Smith pubs are generally as cheap as chips, so £13.40 is taking the piss. I suppose this is in London, though.
I was going to say, for a Sam Smith's of all places it seems mad. Also they have opening but not closing quote marks for that bit about the toilets, which isn't quite as upsetting as £13.40 for a beer but it's close.

As a shareholder I often get discounts for their beers. Not living in the UK means they usually go to waste.

Not my picture: Lobster and Pina Coladas Triple IPA (10% ABV) bloody delicious, in small quantities. It had no lobsters in it but it was nicely smooth, couldn't taste the booze and had a nice pineapple and coconut twang to it
1629392039786.png
Some might say " not real beer". I say "I do not like real beer :)"

I bought some quirky local beer for my Dad when he visited me, he responded by going to buy Greene King IPA the next day (apparently he doesn’t like beers over 4% - or with any flavour). Oh well, I tried

Not my picture: Lobster and Pina Coladas Triple IPA (10% ABV) bloody delicious, in small quantities. It had no lobsters in it but it was nicely smooth, couldn't taste the booze and had a nice pineapple and coconut twang to it
View attachment 284346
How much does such a thing cost?
I only ask because my local beer place seems to be awash with similar flavoured beers and at a premium price.
I've just had a look eg. Buffet Island- Milkshake IPA- £7.30 per can!!!!!!

How much does such a thing cost?
I only ask because my local beer place seems to be awash with similar flavoured beers and at a premium price.
I've just had a look eg. Buffet Island- Milkshake IPA- £7.30 per can!!!!!!
This was at a beer festival where you pay the entry price and then have as much beer as you like from the selected suppliers. I am fairly sure I got my money back as apparently I was trying to talk in German to someone and I have no recollection of going home. Also a basset hound tried to bite my wrist but she was a puppy so its OK

I bought some quirky local beer for my Dad when he visited me, he responded by going to buy Greene King IPA the next day (apparently he doesn’t like beers over 4% - or with any flavour). Oh well, I tried
My dad drank Fosters , he used to tell me they had a decent Fosters in one of his locals (he had several) . And scoffed at my response , "Fosters is the same in every pub , Dad.'

My dad drank Fosters , he used to tell me they had a decent Fosters in one of his locals (he had several) . And scoffed at my response , "Fosters is the same in every pub , Dad.'
If he’s happy with it, let him be is my attitude. My dad will only really drink red wine and bitter, if he doesn’t want to try anything else that’s his lookout.

View attachment 284346

I had a Pina Colada beer at London Craft Beer Festival in 2019. Was really nice.

I've recently discovered a very local brewery to me, and tried their flagship bitter, which is extremely nice. They do a number of other brews though, and they're all on my to-do list now.

Still, the plain stuff is pretty good.

red-rock-copy.png

This was at a beer festival where you pay the entry price and then have as much beer as you like from the selected suppliers. I am fairly sure I got my money back as apparently I was trying to talk in German to someone and I have no recollection of going home. Also a basset hound tried to bite my wrist but she was a puppy so its OK
Sounds like an affordable way of doing it, as long as entry isn't too expensive.

You get this with larger drinkers don’t you ? ‘cracking pint of Carlsburg in the Crab and Knackers ‘ type comments .

Back
Top Bottom