Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Selling house questions (first timer)

Recently sold my wife's mother's house, took a discount to get rid of it. Depends how much you can afford to give away.
This is not the case in this instance as I have now dropped the price in total by 90K. This is just one person being very disorganised and relying on standard British attitude of being polite. Now he has realised he is dealing with a Jamaican Irish and I'm not polite 😆

This is not the case in this instance as I have now dropped the price in total by 90K. This is just one person being very disorganised and relying on standard British attitude of being polite. Now he has realised he is dealing with a Jamaican Irish and I'm not polite 😆
Good luck to you

Hoping to exchange by next week.

Question: Previously I dropped the price by a further 15K as boiler not working (after being vandalised by repair people fixing the subsidence damage)
The Insurance company have been fantastic this time and have fixed the crack at the front and the boiler and it is now working, but needs two parts. They can either do the work OR give me £1,250 in settlement.

I'm thinking I should leave things as they are as the buyers are aware of the old boiler and are planning on getting a new one .

Thoughts?

Hoping to exchange by next week.

Question: Previously I dropped the price by a further 15K as boiler not working (after being vandalised by repair people fixing the subsidence damage)
The Insurance company have been fantastic this time and have fixed the crack at the front and the boiler and it is now working, but needs two parts. They can either do the work OR give me £1,250 in settlement.

I'm thinking I should leave things as they are as the buyers are aware of the old boiler and are planning on getting a new one .

Thoughts?
If the buyers are aware of the situation and are planning to replace it, I’d take the cash

If the buyers are aware of the situation and are planning to replace it, I’d take the cash
Absolutely this, if the buyers agreed the price after haggling you to drop more off the sale price, and knowing this work needed doing, then take the money from the insurance company yourself.
They didn't knock you down another 15k to get this work done and paid for by others.

Back
Top Bottom