Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Buttons - resting after a morning killing mice in the backyard:
(edit - she's 13 today! :))

buttonsnooze.jpg

We're looking after Rhianna again for a while. This morning. She was laying on the bed next to me looking out of the window. A bird flies past and she's off like a rocket.....straight into the window :D

We're looking after Rhianna again for a while. This morning. She was laying on the bed next to me looking out of the window. A bird flies past and she's off like a rocket.....straight into the window :D
:D

I like it when cats stare out the window at birds and make that little chattering nose and clack their teeth together. When we go up north to Mum and Dad's Mr. Kippers sits in their little conservatory for hours doing that :)

Nigel's spent most of the last fortnight lying *below* the radiator in our corridor, looking for heat.

So last night, I slashed up a HP printer box for her, and covered it with a Mexican hand-woven rug, so that she's high enough to reach the heat source.

F0B7E00B-8491-4B5C-9653-FB425A2E4E02-6595-0000057476604258.jpg

It's got slots facing the radiator, and ventilation holes beneath the blanket, with the intention of providing an all-round warmer cat's bottom experience.

She hasn't really ventured inside yet, mind (it's floored with a rejected towel). I may cut the entrance a bit bigger later today, if she's still hesitant.

e2a: progress :D

1A1A2180-76CE-4942-9110-EE20406323A9-8247-00000605908ED19B.jpg

My cat fell in the moat against last night. :facepalm: When we went to retrieve him as before, with the cat carrier, rope and treats, he didn't get in it and we couldn't see or hear him so thought he must have somehow climbed out and gone for a wander. This afternoon I check the moat again and there he is, meowing away.

Fortunately the caretaker now has access to the moat, so I was able to go out and get him. He'd managed to get himself stuck in a crate or something and is limping very slightly. :( Silly clumsy kitten.

Back
Top Bottom