Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

One of my fav threads!!!! Missed this :cool:

Here is MisterPirateJack (PJ for short). He is our latest rescue dog. Pulled him from our pound (I'm a pound puller now) to help his dodgy eye hopefully heal and I accidentally kept him, oops. We think he was beaten before but he is safe now. Saved his eye too altho it will always need eye drops.

Attachments

• Snuggles with new Mam3.JPG
    Snuggles with new Mam3.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 35
One of my fav threads!!!! Missed this :cool:

Here is MisterPirateJack (PJ for short). He is our latest rescue dog. Pulled him from our pound (I'm a pound puller now) to help his dodgy eye hopefully heal and I accidentally kept him, oops. We think he was beaten before but he is safe now. Saved his eye too altho it will always need eye drops.

You nearly made me cry then you bugger. nice one for rescuing him. I think Tia was beaten, it's bloody horrible to think that was in their lives when you fall in love with them.

In the past though, he looks lovely content there :)

Yeh it is awful to think and since getting involved in rescue the shit you see is heartbreaking/maddening.
He LOVES cuddles and eskimo kisses. A total sook, lizzie. How/why he was homeless I'll never understand. Adorable little tyke.

Lucky PJ n Tia :cool:

How/why he was homeless I'll never understand.

Same with Bracken my rescue dog. He's just the most wonderful dog you could ever wish for. Found wandering the streets, very underweight. Impossible to understand how that could happen. Sometimes I think it's probably best that they can't speak.

Currently sat at my feet.

I don't think I've posted this up... A puppy in a flowerpot.

376561_10150503807302673_711772672_10301594_1952554859_n.jpg

Why thanks! Yes, it was actually last night. Usually, he kicks, scratches and bites like a hairy demon. Last night, I played cajun music and he seemed much more chilled. Fur grows about an inch a month. I'm collecting it to make into felt. Anyone out there know how to spin it? I've got loads.

Why thanks! Yes, it was actually last night. Usually, he kicks, scratches and bites like a hairy demon. Last night, I played cajun music and he seemed much more chilled. Fur grows about an inch a month. I'm collecting it to make into felt. Anyone out there know how to spin it? I've got loads.
How long are the clippings/combings? You'll need the hair to be at least 1.5 inches long to be able to spin it successfully - might have to mix it with another fibre, depending on the texture (I haven't stroked a guinea, so I don't know!)

It'll need to be carded to get all the hairs to lie the same way, which can be quite time-consuming and messy, but then you should be able to spin the fluffy fibre 'tops' together. You can spin with a drop spindle (tutorial here), which is about a fiver, so way cheaper than a spinning wheel.

If the fur's really short, or you don't have time to spin it, you may be able to use it for needle felting. You'd still need to card it.

He'd be looking like Jonathan Ross again if I left his fur long enough to cut to 1 1/2 inches! He's a Texel, so it's sort of fine and wavy, but more like afro hair in parts. I did try carding and mixing it with Alpaca, sort of worked felt wise. I should have another go and make it a bit thicker. Hey, thanks for all the info, wow! Griff will be thrilled :)

You could make him a little felt waistcoat for when he's just had a hair cut. :D

edit: Oooh, he's lovely too!! Any more gorgeous animals?

Want some sheepdog hair to go with it?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327882167.951738.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327882167.951738.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom