Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

Sorrel is just away out with Mrs la rouge, who takes her for the weekend morning walks (I do week days). She's going to be 12 this year (Sorrel the Labrador, not Mrs la rouge), and she has arthritis. But she's still up for a walk. Well, she's still up for going anywhere, really.

If she thinks the car keys have been picked up, she's at your legs, nudging you towards the door.

"Where we go? I can come? I come. I find car. Car this way. I show you".

Then she'll run up and down, finding out who else is coming.

"It'll be fun. We go in car. You come too? You me go in car." Doing breathy pants that we interpret as Dog Laughter.

Now, you can call me an anthropomorphising sentimentalist if you want, but I'm absolutely certain that that's what goes through her head.

My cassie is the same, if she sees we're putting on our walking boots she's wrapping herself around our legs, herding us to the door.

She's a little terror though, if we just take her for a walk around the block or down to the newsagents she'll stop and sit down as she wants to go in the car, as that means we're going to the woods.

037.jpg

Here's Kat on my lap :)

I'm beginning to think Ben de-Dog understands a lot more than we think.
He's been to Whitehaven a few times now, for a weekend on the boat.
Told about it in advance; and as we drive down the hill there, he perks up - "ah ha ! - I've been here, and a beach for walkies"; we then go around the harbour and he goes absolutely nuts. Let him onto the pontoon and he's racing along the walkway to get onto the boat first.
What I think he can't quite grasp is the concept of tides, the sea keeps nicking the beach ...

Cassie has just hurt her back leg, I feel awful. She tried to jump on the bed and she cried out and started to panic and breathe really quickly. I managed to hold her and she cuddled up in my arms. :(
My son came in to see what was the matter and she managed a tail wag for him and a lick of his arm.
Anyway, when he left the bedroom she wanted to jump off the bed and so my daughter lifted her down and she's gone back down stairs and appears to be walking ok.

Off to the vets tomorrow I think, my poor cassie dog, she's going to break my heart.

My sons is sleeping on the sofa next to her bed tonight, as he doesn't want to leave her.

Cassie has just hurt her back leg, I feel awful. She tried to jump on the bed and she cried out and started to panic and breathe really quickly. I managed to hold her and she cuddled up in my arms. :(
My son came in to see what was the matter and she managed a tail wag for him and a lick of his arm.
Anyway, when he left the bedroom she wanted to jump off the bed and so my daughter lifted her down and she's gone back down stairs and appears to be walking ok.

Off to the vets tomorrow I think, my poor cassie dog, she's going to break my heart.

My sons is sleeping on the sofa next to her bed tonight, as he doesn't want to leave her.

:(

get well soon, cassie

My collie regularly pulls a muscle or something like and limps for a couple of days then it gets better.

How old is she?

Fingers crossed.

She's 2, we've been so careful to not force exercise (with ball throwing) because she's a Lab and they're known for their dodgy hips.

Thank you, I'm gong to get my other half to take her to the vets tomorrow.

She's 2, we've been so careful to not force exercise (with ball throwing) because she's a Lab and they're known for their dodgy hips.

Thank you, I'm gong to get my other half to take her to the vets tomorrow.
What's the word on Cassie Saffy ? Hope all is okay.

Back
Top Bottom