Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

May on holiday last week. She decided she wants a blanket over her from now on.
12042779_10207662101494608_6752249775071987043_n.jpg

We said goodbye to our dear old Treacle on Saturday.
She was 15, I know it's a ripe old age for a dog but it still feels too soon.
We're trying to remember the good times, but our house is a sad house at the moment.

Here she is in all her glory

View attachment 76285 View attachment 76286
Oh no :( Poor old Treacle. Sorry to hear this xx

And sorry to hear about Neddy too Mogden

It is with a really heavy heart i have to post that my Baluga went to sleep for xrays today, then a phone call from the vet meant she didn't wake up...She developed a limp some three weeks ago which us and the vet though was inflamed arthritis, so was treated for a week on anti inflammatory medication, week later limp hadn't improved, so painkillers added, week later no improvement booked into x rays today. Taken to vet at 8.30 at 11.40 received a call informing me that her right knee was totally destroyed by Osteosarcoma, treatment options available...amputation and chemo, she suffered arthritis in both hips and was 11 yrs old..prognosis was an additional 6-12 months to her life, and in my view an 11yr old dog, with three legs who still wanted to be active was unfair and who may take upto 6 months to adjust and recover from amputation again seemed an unreasonable option, so i asked that they kept her asleep and increased the meds till she passed away.
She is about 3 seconds old in the piccie of her in my hand.

08-10-04_bloops.jpg
2015-02-18%2013.01.29.jpg

08/10/04 - 16/10/15

I am sad.

Last edited:
Thank you all...i hate it, with Daisy i was with her when she was put to sleep, with Blooper, it was made worse by having to make the decision over the phone and continue at work, and remember the look she gave me this morning as i left her with strangers....never expecting that i would never see her alive again, then she never came home or saw a friendly face. Yes it was clearly the right decision but it hurts like hell.

It's always awful when we have to have to make these decisions for our pets. At least she had a lovely long life with you and you loved her. Take care x

Thank you all...i hate it, with Daisy i was with her when she was put to sleep, with Blooper, it was made worse by having to make the decision over the phone and continue at work, and remember the look she gave me this morning as i left her with strangers....never expecting that i would never see her alive again, then she never came home or saw a friendly face. Yes it was clearly the right decision but it hurts like hell.
Aww how crap :(

Just to prove that my downstairs neighbour is an utter prick (confirmation was not actually required, but still): the dog barks when it hears people coming in the door and passing outside. My downstairs neighbour came in(around 10pm), the dog went to my door and barked and the downstairs-prick who really ought to know better, what with evolution and everything, started growling at it so that it would bark more. And it did, and it woke shifty junior up :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom