Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

catoflage :cool::D

8717553258_db2fc3a3ff.jpg

322228_10150404741781327_2013602295_o.jpg
Here's my little Glen who will be 4 in a month. Poor Glennis has lost his top teeth so I now have to make his food into a paste and give him water with a little syringe. He was very brave at the vets today, now we just have to hope his teeth grow back - the water thing is not ideal as it means he has to spend all day with no access to water if me and Mr Keithy are both out :(

945777_10151618754461327_798182232_n.jpg
Here he is, showing his age!

And the thumbnail below is our new little Hammy, Cosmo who is settling in and is just incredibly cute and funny.

Attachments

• 395702_10151618758371327_1517419146_n.jpg
    395702_10151618758371327_1517419146_n.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 12
My poor big old Loki has died. Very old, very ill. I came home and he was breathing hard and immobilised I gave him some water through a syringe and he just let go. Stop breathing two minutes later his heart stopped. He didn't die alone. We took him out for a car ride at the weekend and he enjoyed poking his head out of the window for a short while at least. Lovely ferret. I think he had a hard life before he came to us three years ago.

This is my favourite picture of him. I'm holding him, this is where he died in arms today:

Here he is in better days as part of a heap of friends (he's the big fat one on his back). They will all miss him especially Flapjack whom he is lying on here. Flapjack can get quite distraut just being separated from him. He was his favourite snuggle buddy.

Sorry, Knotted :( Sounds like his last few days were good, and you did everything you could for him.
Hope Flapjack's ok.

Thanks, I know it's a bit of downer bringing it up. But I mentioned him earlier and thought it would be wrong to not mention he'd passed on.

poor Loki :( but as others have said he had a loving home, lots of friends and died surrounded by love. Hope flapjack, and all of you are ok

poor Loki :( but as others have said he had a loving home, lots of friends and died surrounded by love. Hope flapjack, and all of you are ok

One of the sad things is that towards the end I separated him from the others as they were smothering him at the bottom of their heaps and he was overheating and having trouble breathing. I had him next to my bed at night (I needed to hand feed him every few hours) and on Friday he decided to try and make his own way over to their room. He only had one properly functioning leg at that point so it was a heave-flop motion. They're very social animals at least within their cliques. He really wanted to be with the gang. I made sure he got plenty of time with them at least when I could monitor him also I made sure that they've all seen his body.

Every time I have a bath he wants in with me. Which isn't exactly practical - besides which the water is so hot he'd have a heart attack. So to stop him scrambling up the side of the bath and trying to get in with me I have started putting him in the sink and he just sits and watches me with a cocked head.

SQUEEEEEE lizzieloo

bathinpeace2.jpg

bathinpeace.jpg

Back
Top Bottom