Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Self-indulgent pet thread

His sleeping corner was near the front door and he was always there when I got in from work - it's gonna be a while before I stop worrying about tripping over him in the dark! :oops:[/quote]

Chip had a good long life by the sounds of it. Sorry Smmudge

Thanks for the kind words guys. It hasn't been sad though - it was his time and he went peacefully, which doesn't always happen with pets so I feel very lucky for that.

Mr. Kippers refusing to be moved from his chair!

207378_10151276172956500_2091675683_n.jpg

should have named Boris Houdini! He escaped again! Saw his little furry bottom wiggle away from me :mad: back in his cage now

We had to say goodbye to our Chip today. He would have been 18 in April. Was still a cheeky chappy even yesterday but he was stumbling about a bit. Arthritic and bony and basically an old bugger :D so he went happily at the vets

View attachment 29292

View attachment 29293

His sleeping corner was near the front door and he was always there when I got in from work - it's gonna be a while before I stop worrying about tripping over him in the dark! :oops:

Sad times :(

We call this cat 'fat boy Nigel cat.'

419987A7-CEE1-4E02-A948-8D82F01C2122-3533-00000235986EE83E_zps5640fa22.jpg

I hadn't seen him for the best part of a year, but on the way to the gym a little black thunderbolt shot out in front of me and started begging for attention the second I made cat-friendly noises. He's got an awesome voice (kinda deep nasal monotonal MAWWWW) and is the friendliest little fucker in the world. He's either cold, or a naturally inquisitive slag. He was begging to hop in my car when I was off to the gym (!)

The minute I got home, a full hour later, a little black thunderbolt streaked out of a side road and started MAWWWWing again :D I have no idea how he found me, but he'd clearly clicked either to the sound of my car door (distinctive - Nigel recognises it streets away and'll come to find me when I get home), or that he'd clocked where I live.

And after I'd *ahem* given him a couple of the chicken treats I'd just picked up at Asda, he tried to get a foot in the door n all :D

CAB0C2BC-FD71-4B90-9F4A-5D0F54011606-3533-00000235935A26AE_zpsbf65fadc.jpg

Nigel = unimpressed :D A second little thunderbolt sprant down from upstairs, and he was gone in no time. I went out to have a bit more of a conversation. Hope I see him again! Lovely little fella. A total slag, wonderful voice, and incredibly friendly.

He also does lightning-quick ponks. Nigel kinda reaches up, all leisurely like, and then FUCK yeah pushes her nose through your hand. He's just like a bobcat. UPBRUSHDOWN. UPBRUSHDOWN :D

So so so sorry to hear about Aphex and Chip :(

Griff's got a check up on Friday morning. It's late, but must give him a shower before bed. Starting to feel a bit anxious - can't tell if lumps on the right side are bigger or about the same. Just have to sweat it out.

Never knew how much fun a rodent could have with a paper bag. Boris might like one!

8511778888_86dc6991f3_c.jpg

Oooo might have to try that! He has a crinkly tunnel that he likes. Currently trialling a toilet for him as he keeps doing his business in his house! Filthy boy

Reactions: CRI
Good news! Griff had his check up yesterday. Vet couldn't feel any further lumps on the left side and thought if anything, those on the right had decreased in size. He'd put on 10 grams in weight - identical now to Mal, so they are both right porkers.

Belated greetings from a small Welsh Rodent:

8517637815_67f3d6e4ac_c.jpg

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant Hapus pawb! Happy St David's Day everyone!

My cat is affording me some amusement by sidling up to the fridge, pulling off a magnet and then doing that cat thing of looking in the other direction and batting it with his paw and pretending he's done nothing to help it skitter across the floor before he goes in for the kill.

(((defenceless fridge magnet)))

Back
Top Bottom