Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

[Saturday 18th May] Demonstration: Defend London's NHS

Just off....:)

I've remembered me camera as well....so there may be some Urban exclusive snaps later!

I've just headed off for a coffee as I'm still battling off last night's hangover. I'm glad I went today.

There aren't many more things more important than the NHS.

Oh, and if you're walking back through Trafalgar Square, check out the Morris dancers!

A to B marches are all very well for "rallying the troops", and if I was in London I would have gone myself, but it's going to take a hell of a lot more than that, there needs to be mass, effective and sustained resistance. Politicians don't listen to peaceful protest, the million and a half marching against the Iraq War a decade previously proved that.

A to B marches aren't going to save the NHS, but they play an important part in the process and are certainly better than bed to pub marches.
True, but IME of activism during the past 10 years people in this country have difficulty with carrying out that "thing beyond A to B marching" which will make the politicians think twice about carrying [insert nasty thing that's being protested against here]. As someone heavily involved with the anti-war movement during the build up to, and start of the Iraq War, I am all too aware that the movement needs to seriously rethink its tactics, and go beyond the same old strategies.

A few pics ( as promised)..
P1010181_zps1fd8500c.jpg

P1010185_zps7bd90a6d.jpg

P1010199_zps90cc5289.jpg

P1010204_zps01b93b9e.jpg

P1010222_zpsd816ddb6.jpg

P1010229_zps67aee90a.jpg

I see this went completely unreported by the BBC and the Graun. Essentially if it wasn't for here I wouldn't have seen any pix. Thanks to all, I have shared FridgeMagnet's Flikr set elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom