Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rupert Murdoch to step down as Fox news Chairman

Bingoman

Not sure if I put this in the right place but the 92 year media mogul has decided to step down as fox and news Corp Chairman and will be replaced by son Lachahan and not elder won James

weather you like him or not this is a big moment for the media landscape around the world

The entire family is scum, but out of the potential heirs, Lachlan was definitely the scummiest option.

Could be a fun succession battle coming up if the other siblings decide to vote his appointment down once Murdoch senior finally carks it.

Just to add to mods if i put the thread in wrong forum subject please move to right one many thanks

Lachlan is the elder son, he was the one who suddenly split for no apparent reason but has since been welcomed back to the fold. He's not the oldest child though, he has an older sister and an even older half-sister. But presumably Murdoch is misogynistic amongst his other failings and wants a man at the helm.
Wonder if this has anything to do with it? :hmm:

TBF I can fully understand where he's coming from with that.

Well played Lachlan...

succession3-1.jpg

Murdoch's been running the family business since he was 21, 71 years ago. I've heard that some old people who've been working solidly their entire lives end up just dropping dead soon after they retire🤞
it's related to loss of status. Monkeys who are split from their pack often die also

Imagine working till 92 when you don't need the money. Madness.

(That'll be why he's a billionaire or whatever and -- among other reasons -- why I am not. 🤷‍♀️ )

Imagine working till 92 when you don't need the money. Madness.

(That'll be why he's a billionaire or whatever and -- among other reasons -- why I am not. 🤷‍♀️ )
That'd be because his motivation was never making money, at least not for many decades anyway. It's his relentless need for power and desire to control not just the political agenda of the countries he has significant media influence in but the very outcome of general elections that has kept the rancid cunt ticking for this long.

It always makes me laugh when there's the odd half-hearted attempt in this country to have a discussion about the influence newspaper owners like him might have on the editorial policy of the papers they own. Hilariously, the official line is that he doesn't meddle at all. I still remember one stat (probably from Private Eye) from the time leading to the 2003 second Iraq war, which a lot of papers, politicians and members of the public across the Western world were split on. At the time, Murdoch owned a total of 144 newspapers, magazines and any other kind of current affairs media all over the world. The for/ against the war editorial breakdown of his media empire was 144 in favour of going to war, 0 against. But he really doesn't have a say on the editorial policy of any of his papers, apparently.

Worst thing about his death though will be the Kier Starmer tribute. I predict it will pay respects to the family and refer to him as ‘transforming the media landscape’. Maybe, if we’re lucky their will be a minor acknowledgment of ‘differences of opinion’.

Back
Top Bottom