Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rewiring a tranny combo so that it can be used as a cab for a valve head?

Tranny has been shorthand for transistor for decades.
Yes. But used by older people for whom transistor radios are a new thing. I wasn’t born before transistor radios existed, so it was never necessary for me to make the distinction.

Yes. But used by older people for whom transistor radios are a new thing. I wasn’t born before transistor radios existed, so it was never necessary for me to make the distinction.
I'm 60 and my parents have only had transistor radios. It wasn't until I was 13/14 that I got a valve radio so I could listen to short wave radio. :hmm:

I'm 60 and my parents have only had transistor radios. It wasn't until I was 13/14 that I got a valve radio so I could listen to short wave radio. :hmm:
I’m 58 and a portable transistorised radio was always just a “radio”. We had one in the kitchen when I was growing up. Then around 1978 everyone stop using them and got “ghetto blasters” instead.

I recall small personal transistor radios being called 'transistor radios' or trannys.
I'm only 50. I had an orange and blue tranny with white ear buds

You don’t need a valve radio to listen to short wave radio, I had one back in the 90s. A Sony portable stereo thing.

Back
Top Bottom