Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Red pepper soup

Butternut squash, coconut and chilli or a creamy pea soup.

I really do hate peeling and chopping butternut squash though so i have to really, really crave it in order to make it!

I make a squash soup but never heard of putting coconut in, might have to try this

My crowd pleaser is roasted squash or sweet potato with what other roasted veg I've got to hand. Fry onions and garlic and lightly spice. Blend the whole lot together with coconut milk and stock.
Dya reckon this will work with erm, cabbage, potato, carrot and onion? I don't like sweet potato. I've got a tin of coconut milk and a few spices on hand.

Dya reckon this will work with erm, cabbage, potato, carrot and onion? I don't like sweet potato. I've got a tin of coconut milk and a few spices on hand.

I don't see why not. I'd probably boil the cabbage and spuds first though rather then roast.

That yorkshire provender red pepper and wensleydale soup is lovely - nice lumps of chewy cheese.

My favourites are tomato and basil / carrot and coriander / butternut squash with chilli / green soups generally.

Making and eating loads of this at the moment. I stick some chillis in so my lips sting. Absolutely banging, my current fave soup and I'm a big fan of soup.

That's all really. What's your favourite soup I suppose?
Do you have a recipe ?

Cant beat a good cream of celery, or chicken and leek, or minestrone or country vegetable.

Nasty ones include oxtail and cream of tomato 😕

Do you have a recipe ?

3 peppers and garlic roasted for half an hour. You can use fresh toms and roast them too but I use tinned. Then onions and celery in a pan, splash of water, can use butter if you want. Then veg stock plus some tomato paste, stick it all together, add chilli (either flakes or sometimes I use a few fresh chillies) and whazz it up with a hand blender

3 peppers and garlic roasted for half an hour. You can use fresh toms and roast them too but I use tinned. Then onions and celery in a pan, splash of water, can use butter if you want. Then veg stock plus some tomato paste, stick it all together, add chilli (either flakes or sometimes I use a few fresh chillies) and whazz it up with a hand blender
Sounds good, will have to give it a go - thanks

I made an absolutely brilliant spiced roast cauliflower and coconut soup from the Fat Tongued Mockney a while back. It was amazing.

Sweet potato and leek with a dash of garam masala and a couple of chillis is a nice winter warmer.

There was also a leek and chickpea a while ago that turned out good.

Mainly I just see what veg is in the fridge and turn it into soup. Always seems to come out good.

Butternut squash always makes for a good texture. Really velvety. Jerusalem artichokes do that too but I don't often have them lying around

Yellow split pea soup made with North African spices and chicken stock
Mulligatawney
Oxtail
Scotch broth

I make a north african one which sounds like your first except I use chickpeas. Its proper good.

Your other three are good tinned soups though imo, not homemade or out. Have never seen mulligatawney on a menu

Butternut squash always makes for a good texture. Really velvety. Jerusalem artichokes do that too but I don't often have them lying around

Totaly. It's the only squash I can be arsed to turn to a soup as the rest need to much preparation. It's also the blandest so maybe I should stop being lazy and use some interesting next winter x

Back
Top Bottom