Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommend me things to do in Brighton please

I can’t help as it’s probably my least favourite city in the UK!

But I do remember an old caff I went to around 2000 that was run by a very grumpy old man who resented his customers. Decent food though. I’m sure it was near the centre and may have had a two tone style decorative motif.

I doubt it’s there any more - edit remembered it was called the Clocktower cafe

Last edited:
Get chips off the kiosk on the pier.

c34596e8230481cce826bc9f88b30dcfacb78fbf

There for 2 days, in late September.

Also, cheap accommodation, if anyone knows of any.

Ta x
If it’s nice weather, it’s a really nice city to mooch around. You could probably do a day just wandering around the lanes, North Laine and the pavilion. North Laine is where most of the independent shops are. There’s also komedia comedy club if you wanted to see what was on there.

There’s some nice bars along the beach if it’s sunny.

The b&bs in kemp town/Madeira drive tend to be the best value. There is a travelodge next to the Brighton centre but it’s a bit of a shithole.

Absolutely do not stay at the Albion hotel, it’s the worst place I’ve ever seen in my life and I took about 30 photos of all the filth and hazards!

I stayed there once off season for a gig at the pavillion and it was fucking freezing and the breakfast was terrible.

Better than the previous time I'd been in Brighton for a gig though, missed the last train back, and had to kip (haha) on the beach (haha) as everything was fully booked, that was in summer and it was fucking cold and uncomfortable and there was no breakfast.

I quite like just looking round Brighton Pavilion tbh. Window shopping in The Lanes and having a pint somewhere is a decent way to pass time too. Fish & chips ofc.

I lived there for a short while and it was fine.
Maybe they’ve done it up since I stayed. We were there for a union conference for 4 days. My sheets and the shower curtain were stained, there was a nail stuck out of the bath panel, leaky taps, walls cracked and flaking. That’s just the bits I can remember.

I complained and they offered me a weekend in the same hotel. My friends had an even worse experience in their Liverpool hotel.

Really?!? :eek: :D

Tell me more!

Hang on, is this a serious suggestion? :hmm: :confused:
Yes but sadly no more Brighton's Victorian Sewers
We went in through a door under the prom, got the health n safety stuff and got taken on a tour where they showed us the architecture, explained what would happen in the event of a torrent in a particular area etc.
and we emerged from a hole in ground about an hour or two later near the pavilion. Have done similar tours in Torquay and somewhere else?
Surprised no one has mentioned the pavilion yet Royal Pavilion & Garden

Driving or public transport?

Yes but sadly no more Brighton's Victorian Sewers
We went in through a door under the prom, got the health n safety stuff and got taken on a tour where they showed us the architecture, explained what would happen in the event of a torrent in a particular area etc.
and we emerged from a hole in ground about an hour or two later near the pavilion. Have done similar tours in Torquay and somewhere else?
Surprised no one has mentioned the pavilion yet Royal Pavilion & Garden

Driving or public transport?

Shame, sounds good.

Yeah, someone mentioned the Pavilion in passing, I'd forgotten about it. Not so keen on fusty royal stuff personally, but I'd like to see it from outside.

Public transport.

Anyone know of a campsite, that'll be open in September, within taxi distance of the city centre? Might see if I can borrow a campervan.

Back
Top Bottom