Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommend a fastish estate

Sorry it's an Audi, but it's an estate, with twin turbo V8. 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and a top speed of 176 MPH. Kitted out with one or two extra's.

0_SWNS_HARRY_CAR_05.jpg

2017 Grey AUDI RS6 AVANT 4.0 Avant Tiptronic Quattro 5dr for sale for £71900 in Derby, Derbyshire

RS6s are fast on paper but not really built for driving fast. They understeer like a Tescos trolley and I've seen one completely destroy the front disks in five not particularly spirited laps of Yas Marina. You can dial out the understeer on Forza 7 by converting it to RWD but I'm not sure about real life.

RS6s are fast on paper but not really built for driving fast. They understeer like a Tescos trolley and I've seen one completely destroy the front disks in five not particularly spirited laps of Yas Marina. You can dial out the understeer on Forza 7 by converting it to RWD but I'm not sure about real life.

tbf most of my driving is around leafy lanes in southwest Surrey, rather than F1 tracks in Abu Dhabi, so it'll do for me :)

Surprised about the brakes. But perhaps not. This bloke got only three laps before smoke was pouring from them.Audi RS6 Avant (2015) long-term test review

You can go for the ceramic brakes option for about nine grand more...

Did you read the article? It was the optional carbon/ceramics that went up in smoke after three laps. I don't hate the RS6 but you're paying a 20 grand premium over the S6 for another 100-150bhp which is inaccessible on both road and track due to the limitations of the platform. Having said that I've got a TR7 with no engine so I'm not exactly one to talk when it comes to rational car purchases.

I didn’t read the article as I genuinely don’t give a stuff about road cars on tracks. You can have whatever road car you like and some fucker in a twenty grand Caterham or Atom will just blow you away.

The RS6 is favoured by security types though, hence Prince Harry owning one, my richest punter’s driver is ex-Mossad and it’s his choice too, good for getting the fuck out of here type shit.

Did you read the article? It was the optional carbon/ceramics that went up in smoke after three laps. I don't hate the RS6 but you're paying a 20 grand premium over the S6 for another 100-150bhp which is inaccessible on both road and track due to the limitations of the platform. Having said that I've got a TR7 with no engine so I'm not exactly one to talk when it comes to rational car purchases.

Dude, you've bought an R32 sight unseen. You have gambling instincts.

don't bother getting an Avensis.

its fine. its good, its solid, its practical, but its just a bit meh... i've had it a month and i'm just not feeling it. my last Mondeo - in fact all of my Mondeo's - have been solid and practical, but not meh...

i'm having it valetted tomorrow and i'm getting rid. haven't decided on what will come next - i'm thinking about the Octavia or Superb, Mazda 6 or going wild and getting a Merc E-Class - and then spending the next 3 years thinking 'its nice, but its a lot of money...'.

don't bother getting an Avensis.

its fine. its good, its solid, its practical, but its just a bit meh... i've had it a month and i'm just not feeling it. my last Mondeo - in fact all of my Mondeo's - have been solid and practical, but not meh...

i'm having it valetted tomorrow and i'm getting rid. haven't decided on what will come next - i'm thinking about the Octavia or Superb, Mazda 6 or going wild and getting a Merc E-Class - and then spending the next 3 years thinking 'its nice, but its a lot of money...'.

Thanks. When I finally can afford to replace my E46 it was on the list along with a Mondeo. It no longer is. :)

Thanks. When I finally can afford to replace my E46 it was on the list along with a Mondeo. It no longer is. :)

It's a good, solid car - it's just that the Mondeo was a much more fun, spirited drive - you don't notice it on motorways or taking the kids to school, but on fast, fun A roads it's much less fun than the Mighty M, and on very windy, hilly roads the control/precision difference is noticable.

The new Mondeo's -17(?) plate onwards - were less fun than the older ones, so the difference between a 15 plate M and an Avensis would be frightening....

Back
Top Bottom