Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommend a fastish estate

Dunno, £329 per boot including vat and fitting and so on...

Fucking Christ alive!

My Octavia vrs (so probably not that different to your A6) uses 225/40/18 - I put Uniroyal Rainsport 5's on it for £104 each, fully fitted from Blackcircles....

I think cheaper are available, for some reason we have P Zeros now, but cheaper ones don’t seem to last very long at all.

I think cheaper are available, for some reason we have P Zeros now, but cheaper ones don’t seem to last very long at all.
You could drive gently to preserve tyre life. But where’s the fun in that?

My friend with a 411 Bristol has a similar issue. Unfortunately the only tyres that are the right size, and easily available, are Transit van tyres. But, of course, the speed rating is wrong. If you will have an almost 50 year old, rare car...

So I mentioned on the other thread I bought an Insignia. I was fed up of driving 15 year old bangers and them failing on me so I borrowed some money and bought a 66 plate one. And it failed on me. Relays, starter motor, head gasket, cylinder head reskimed. Luckily all under guarantee, but took forever because of covid.

Still finally got it back and it's very nice to drive and well specced, especially as its a more basic model. 170bhp, so a little less power then the old Avensis, but god is it kinder on fuel. Not properly opening it up yet till it goes back in for the cylinder head to be retorqued, but crossing fingers that's car bad luck over and done with for a while.

Which mark have you got kebabking ? I'm hardly doing any miles now and my diesel golf is getting tatty.

Mine's a 2017 diesel.

I'd go for a petrol then, and I'm not sure I'd bother going with a vRS - I went for the vRS because I do long commutes on fast, straight A roads and motorways, and it's only really on those empty Roman roads through the Cotswolds that you get the vRS-ness out of the car. Diesel is now only worth getting if you do more than 15k a year, and only then if it's long, fast driving - short, slow runs completely screw the engine up if you do lots of them - and if you live in a city, forget it...

Is there a more out there estate than this? 4 door as well!

Ferrari 456GT Venice?

xju8uevjuq361.jpg

For the first time ever, I did not read the title of this thread as "Recommend a fascist state", which I find a bit depressing :( Another small twinkle of comedy has disappeared from my life.
It's almost a work of art how the thread title manages to suggest "fascist state" and also "fetish" at the same time. Has anyone tried asking Max Mosley? I bet he'd be able to recommend a fastish estate.

Prices for petrols and diesels should be good I would have thought as they are being phased out.

Think it's going to be many years till we see that reflect on second hand prices. What disincentive is there to not drive one at the moment? Like many people I can't charge one outside my house. My last diesel was £30 a year road tax. Hybrids cost more and have two sets of things to go wrong as the car ages.

Back
Top Bottom