Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Reading Recommendations: Neoliberalism and the nation state.

has anyone located Sebastian yet though - all comments posted to the HM page about what he done are being deleted by one of the other admins

Academic Marxism is circling the wagons

has anyone located Sebastian yet though - all comments posted to the HM page about what he done are being deleted by one of the other admins

Academic Marxism is circling the wagons

Budgen is still on the HM facebook page for me, and he definitely hasn't deleted his profile page. Think he blocked you or something.

I never said the group Itself was deleted

he deleted his personal facebook account which admined the HM group. he was also pretty much the only person who was allowed to post new content to it. So when he deleted his personal facebook account all the content went with it, which is why there's only a few posts left in the group whereas previously there were hundreds and hundreds of posts (most by Sebastian)
He just approved my request to join the group. Maybe he has just blocked you from seeing his personal account. I imagine that would stop you seeing threads he had posted.

tumblr_n1lo4hk3HK1tupbq0o1_400.jpg

http://grumpybudgen.tumblr.com

McKenzie Wark joined Sebastian in the crying about PDF piracy, which is a cheek since he's made his living riffing off Debord.

see Verso have a week-long 50% sale. Anything particularly worth getting hold of? I'm thinking maybe Lucio Magri's The Tailor of Ulm.

Budgen's put around the MIA statement on Lawrence & Wishart trying to claim copyright of the MECW - hypocrisy given his attitude to Verso's copyright

It'll be free in the wild very shortly - don't worry about that. Been a desperate need for a book on SouB for years. Not convinced this will be it from the blurb. Too many 'only's - and there were plenty of leninists in the group, as well as other groups with similar concentrations on the proletarian experience of that period. The author contributed to the recent Viewpoint special edition on workers inquiry either. I suspect that article is the condensed book.

(edit: seems he finally completed the translation of the proletarian experience that i was involved with starting with italian and german comrades as far back as the early 90s!)

Last edited:
Ta for the link to the Viewpoint piece. Reading this does sound interesting - sure there are parallel efforts, even with Mass Observation over here (in terms of the direct phenomenological writing of working class experience by workers themselves) - although less of a direct focus on the relation to capital in the production process etc.

Back
Top Bottom