Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Re-opening Schools?

They'll just deny schools had anything to do with it. They'll bend and warp whatever modelling they can get their hands on to cherrypick in support of that claim. This government inhabits a moral and ethical vacuum.

Also they don't really need an excuse for anything. Nobody is consistently, systematically holding them to account. There is no requirement for them to say or do things which bear objective scrutiny.

I had an email from my daughter's school today relating to some new cases there (she's in Yr 11 so already left but still officially a student there) which says this...

'As of today, public health are requesting that where schools have two or more cases within 14 days that face coverings are reintroduced.'.

That's been rather quietly put back in place, hasn't it? :hmm: Very, very sensible obviously (and her school has already kept to masks in common areas) but very predictable that there's no noise about it/acknowledgment of another u-turn, too.

Gavin Williamson just done a speech in which he said it's important for students to get back to their education. No idea what the reedy voiced cunt thinks hundreds of thousands of educational workers were up to during lockdown.
Basically schools are gonna be left to deal. Also said staff who've been double jabbed and get pinged don't have to isolate.

Our cook is off now, due to her son having tested positive.
When I arrived, one of my workmates had sensibly gone to collect some tests which most of us did, apart from our two anti vaxxers, who refused.
Having listened to the pair of them talking total bollocks, for months, I am absolutely sick of them - but it looks like there is nothing we can do to pursue it now, with the 19th almost upon us and the total removal of all restrictions (and when there has already only been a pretence at SD anyway in the kitchen/canteen).
I am fucking furious at the selfish, thick, entitled wankers, along with this despicable government - I really don't know how to work with these people anymore.

When is Covid officially over in the UK? I think the government here had a meeting with Covid and delayed its end for a while.
As part of a good will gesture to demonstrate good faith during those negotiations, they are scrapping the schools stuff in time for the end of term. So that they can announce a date for it that is much earlier and chimes with 'freedom day' than the date it will actually make a difference in practice, the start of next term.

My boss’s son is in year six. His whole year group were sent home to isolate today, so that’s it. That’s primary school finished. No last assembly, or disco, or the production they’ve been rehearsing.
Heartbreaking.
It's devastating - the lack of any normal ends and starts and the constant changes. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have lived through all of this as a child.

School is going ahead with going out to theme park as we usually would in the summer term. But it feels like a whole load of planning and work for something that might not go ahead if there end up being lots of staff absences due to isolating

ETA: the children have been told about the trip and I hope it goes ahead because I’d hate for them to end the academic year on a disappointing note

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom