Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

razor blades under fascist stickers - myth or not?

Remember the syringe wave in Dublin, late 80s - early 90s. It may have been a byproduct of the heroin problem, but there were plenty of stories of people being mugged by syringe-wielding folk. Seem to recall some of the bus routes wouldn't run after a certain hour, as the drivers were often subjected to these attacks. Which might make it early to mid 90s, come to think of it, as conducters had been more or less phased out by then.

Apologies for bumping this thread, did a search and seemed only one appropriate
Nothing to do with razor blades tho!

What do people reckon to this?,
I reckon dodge and if dodge who's behind it? A group or someone with a printer...

IMG_20220325_162247650_HDR.jpg

Apologies for bumping this thread, did a search and seemed only one appropriate
Nothing to do with razor blades tho!

What do people reckon to this?,
I reckon dodge and if dodge who's behind it? A group or someone with a printer...

View attachment 315878

To answer the question on the sticker, because it's a fucking stupid and half-cocked idea? Homeless people need suitable accommodation, not money being given to randoms to let them sleep on the sofa. Who the fuck is even asking this? I get the vague sense that whoever made this sticker thinks that they're making some kind of smug little "gotcha" point, but damned if I can tell what the fuck it's supposed to be. It baffles me that somebody actually put this message out in public and thought they would be heard loud and clear. This is the kind of thing that's bizarre enough to get my loonspud senses tingling, but if this stupid "pay people to house the homeless" meme is one of theirs, then I've never seen it before.

I can picture all the folk making themselves voluntarily homeless and moving in with a mate so they can go halves on the money.
But really all they’re saying is look after Brits first. Which usually means fuck everyone else whilst not helping Brits either.
And housing benefit is already a thing.

Ah, so it's a anti-refugee thing? That would certainly make more sense. But are any households actually being offered money to take them in?

It is weird. Can't imagine many anti-refugee types giving one shit about homeless people, British or otherwise, unless some sort of over-simplified right-wing "our boys" stuff. But it doesn't mention veterans. :confused:

Ah, so it's a anti-refugee thing? That would certainly make more sense. But are any households actually being offered money to take them in?

That’s how I read it at second glance. First glance it sounded pretty reasonable. Why aren’t households offered £350 a month to take homeless people in?

ETA: yes for Ukrainian people fleeing war. How ghastly to offer help.

IMG_20220618_143002.jpgSpotted on Chatham high st just now. I'm proper shocked. I'm not naive enough to expect this t be a garden of Eden but this shite? Proud Boys are bad enough but the typeface is pure Nazi innit?

Can confirm no razor blades or owt else underneath....

IMG_20220618_143023.jpg

Got briefed at work about not removing pro plague stickers so used a blade to remove them or added niggle worshipping scum 😂 whiterose.org really need to reincarnate as pond scum

View attachment 327820Spotted on Chatham high st just now. I'm proper shocked. I'm not naive enough to expect this t be a garden of Eden but this shite? Proud Boys are bad enough but the typeface is pure Nazi innit?

View attachment 327821
Its a very fashie looking sticker. I've been up Chatham way myself and put up ACG stickers in that sort of area. We have a young member up that way too. Saw some communist stickers up when I was there but never saw anything like this. That was a bit of a while ago now though I guess, but not that long ago.

View attachment 327820Spotted on Chatham high st just now. I'm proper shocked. I'm not naive enough to expect this t be a garden of Eden but this shite? Proud Boys are bad enough but the typeface is pure Nazi innit?

View attachment 327821
Font has a Norse/Celtic feel to it and the crossed axes have a whiff of swastika about them...

Its a very fashie looking sticker. I've been up Chatham way myself and put up ACG stickers in that sort of area. We have a young member up that way too. Saw some communist stickers up when I was there but never saw anything like this. That was a bit of a while ago now though I guess, but not that long ago.

What's bothering me is that Medway is soon to host its first ever Pride events. I understand I could be grasping at straws but it's not hard to imagine Proud Boys or their ilk targeting events.

Might be time to start organising some form of opposition locally

What's bothering me is that Medway is soon to host its first ever Pride events. I understand I could be grasping at straws but it's not hard to imagine Proud Boys or their ilk targeting events.

Might be time to start organising some form of opposition locally
I definitely understand your concern.

I've seen that Proud Boys Britannia shit around a few times, always feels weird to me to see people playing at being the virtually-nonexistent British arm of a US racist group. Especially when it also appears to involve a degree of playacting as vikings as well.

I've seen that Proud Boys Britannia shit around a few times, always feels weird to me to see people playing at being the virtually-nonexistent British arm of a US racist group. Especially when it also appears to involve a degree of playacting as vikings as well.

This is why it's important, imho, to have an interest in the shit that happens in the US. It ripples out and some fuckers are inspired by it.

Back
Top Bottom