Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Average

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • Poor

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Shit

Votes: 11 9.9%

• Total voters
Basically Coldplay never got better than Yellow and Radiohead got way better than No Surprises.

(I like both those tunes btw, just Coldplay had one idea and Radiohead had loads. Although maybe their ideas had already been had by other similar bands like Floyd about 100 years before. They're all a bit wanky though.)
confess do liek that first coldplay album. had some good memories attached to it as it was playing in pubs etc

Thom Yorke has made some excellent solo tracks too, but this might be my fave.

It's a shame covid cancelled me seeing him live. :mad:

inspired by this thread, been relistening this week non stop. no doubt, they've made some beautiful music. i think the guitar stuff has aged a bit tho.

i put spinning plates on in the car with my dad there :D "Jesus, this'll make you wanna drive into a wall..." and shook his head

Up late, watching this gig. Wasn't at it but I saw them at Primavera around the same time.

I remember being similarly frustrated at them playing all their slow newer stuff, I basically wanted to hear OK computer and In Rainbows (which they did). In fact they even did Creep which Thom said they hadn't played in years, much to the delight of the Spanish crowd. Not a fan of that period personally but the In Rainbows stuff was incredible. Nude.... nuff said.

But now looking at this gig, some of the newer stuff is actually really good, just not really for a coked up crowd on a saturday night. Jonny Greenwood is still my man crush.

Edit: actually this must have been about the time his wife died. The tone totally changed around that time. He's a very private man but it must have been tough. He kept gigging though.

Last edited:
It still amazes me that a group of dudes who just happened to know each other and lived in the same town can come together and be such a perfect band, a la the Beatles. There is no weak link in Radiohead. No need for a fucking talent show. Just have a jam and see where it goes. I was in bands with my mates... you really get to know someone in a weird way by jamming with them.

Observations watching that Berlin gig above - Ed O'Brien is actually a really strong vocalist (I didn't realise he was doing the backup on paranoid android) and Thom a very good guitarist. The arpeggio thing on weird fishes between them is much harder than it looks.

Ok, I best go to bed ;)

Last edited:
I would say that Radiohead are definitely good, but I don't listen to all of their songs. Here's one I like though, I really like how this sounds and I like the lyrics :

And this is another one I like to listen to :

Last edited:
And I have to include this one. Also, I've not really listened to their more recent stuff tbh but I like em.

And I like songs from other albums of theirs, such as Fake Plastic Trees, but those songs (though very good) can be depressing :

I've been a massive Radiohead fan since Pablo Honey was released. I was at the Astoria gig, did loads of shows on the big top Kid A tour, Bercy stadium amnesty international gig, it was my life at the time... I haven't even listened to moon shaped pool. In Rainbows is perfection IMO and I dont want to taint that :D

I've been a massive Radiohead fan since Pablo Honey was released. I was at the Astoria gig, did loads of shows on the big top Kid A tour, Bercy stadium amnesty international gig, it was my life at the time... I haven't even listened to moon shaped pool. In Rainbows is perfection IMO and I dont want to taint that :D
I haven't stopped listening to A Moon Shaped Pool since it has come out, it is now my favourite album of theirs and it's up there in my top 10 of the 21st century. It may take a while as it's their most low key album, but it's a grower and that is one reason why it keeps staying with me.

I would say that Radiohead are definitely good, but I don't listen to all of their songs. Here's one I like though, I really like how this sounds and I like the lyrics :

That's my fave. I once got kidnapped from the pub at closing time and taken to a party in St Catharines next door to the big country house where they recorded that. It was a summer night and I didn't know anybody there but had a fine time, couldn't find the kidnappers and ended up walking back to civilization along a long lane. Years later, after rejecting Radiohead as doomy shoe gazers, I finally gave Ok Computer a proper listen and was transported back to that walk through the summer night.

Does anyone have any thoughts on The Smile album yet?

It's a no from me. Just doesn't do it for me on any levels.

TBH I haven't generally been impressed with any new Radiohead or related side-projects since In Rainbows, and that was like 15 years ago. I think the only semi-interesting thing was Ed O'Brien's solo project EOB a couple of years back (though he'd clearly been listening to a lot of mid nineties U2).

It's a no from me. Just doesn't do it for me on any levels.

TBH I haven't generally been impressed with any new Radiohead or related side-projects since In Rainbows, and that was like 15 years ago. I think the only semi-interesting thing was Ed O'Brien's solo project EOB a couple of years back (though he'd clearly been listening to a lot of mid nineties U2).

I think some of Yorke's solo stuff is amazing. Surely "Unmade" is as beautiful as any Radiohead track?

I'm still very much getting into The Smile album (not even heard it right through yet), but it feels like it could be a bit of a grower. The reviews have been very positive.

I think some of Yorke's solo stuff is amazing. Surely "Unmade" is as beautiful as any Radiohead track?

I'm still very much getting into The Smile album (not even heard it right through yet), but it feels like it could be a bit of a grower. The reviews have been very positive.

Unmade is a lovely track. A standout really. Just wish he or Radiohead would put out another belter like The Eraser or In Rainbows.

Back
Top Bottom