Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queuing for Brenda with the One You Love

Would you queue for Brenda if someone you loved asked you to?

• Total voters
We do have TV in Derbyshire you know. :mad:
You've spoilt is for me now. I always thought as you drove over the tops into Buxton a sepia toned mist came over everything and by the time you got to Belper it was all black and white. They won't watch telly, they will shop and eat. They'll go shopping even if the shops are closed :hmm:

Last edited:
Who would be willing to wait outdoors for as long as 24 hours , braving the elements along the Thames, for a few seconds alongside the Queen’s coffin – and why?

Now, as the Queen’s lying in state in Westminster approaches its final hours before Monday’s state funeral, researchers believe they have found the answer. A narrow majority vote Conservative, almost two-thirds backed remain and most of them are enjoying a feeling of “subdued positivity” as they wait in line for hours.

Mrs SFM feels as I do regarding things Royal so no. I strive for harmony in my marriage but, if she had a sudden attack of Royal fervour, I’d risk a temporary rift and it would be all OK in the morning.

Who would be willing to wait outdoors for as long as 24 hours , braving the elements along the Thames, for a few seconds alongside the Queen’s coffin – and why?

Now, as the Queen’s lying in state in Westminster approaches its final hours before Monday’s state funeral, researchers believe they have found the answer. A narrow majority vote Conservative, almost two-thirds backed remain and most of them are enjoying a feeling of “subdued positivity” as they wait in line for hours.
Snap polling like that, if that’s what those comments are based upon, doesn’t really dispel the perception that they are credulous tools.

Last edited:
I voted that I would because I’m soft for the ones I love but would expect to be their last resort! When I met my partner actual words he said to me were in respect of going to places like Alton Towers & never going was ‘I’m too cool to queue’’ so gonna mark myself as safe to say I would but knowing it will never happen!

Hey don't judge all remain voters by the actions of these lickspittles

It's bad enough when the wait for a doctors appointment overruns, and you find yourself climbing the walls after half an hour. The idea of deliberately waiting around for days, only to then wait around for a train, and then wait around on it until it gets you home - I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Yep..I spent 7 hours in A&E 2 weeks ago.
In the end I asked a nurse to take the line out and went home.

J herself has apparently found a group of like minded souls and despite Mrs Q attempting to talk her out of it is going down on the 6am train tomorrow planning to come back Sunday sometime. If they get to see The Box on Saturday they will try to catch the train back again on Sat but if they can't, they have nowhere to stop and presumably plan to sleep rough in London for a night.
should be safe enough. there's enough people knocking around.

should be safe enough. there's enough people knocking around.
I don't know. There was a woman on the news yesterday, from Salford, getting the coach down. She said she'd never been to London before, knew nobody in town, and was only taking a bottle of water and a fleece onesie. She said she'd been crying since last Thursday, and seemed quite wired. I do mean wired rather than weird, although that too. Honestly, I was quite worried for her. I'm sure she'll very likely get home in one piece, but I wouldn't be massively surprised if I heard she'd tried to swim across the Thames because she couldn't see any bridges.

Also from that guardian article. Dizzgusting perverts plan to fornicate during her majesty's funeral.

The queue was also a place to start new relationships. Jack and Zoe, two strangers who first met on Friday night at 10.30pm while waiting to see the Queen lying in state, said the “banter and snacks were so good we have been together throughout the whole thing”. The pair said they were now planning to watch the Queen’s funeral together.

And the obligatory dig at brexit. :mad:

At Riverside Café on Lambeth pier, business owner Ramzi Hedari, 49, said hot croissants, custard tarts, bacon baps, coffee and tea have been the most popular items with those in the queue.

They started serving at 7am but were unable to stay open overnight as planned due to staff shortages caused by Brexit.

I ran the queue (and back) today. So weird.

Got a bit smelly about half way along.

Well 6 Yes's, 7 Maybe's and unsurprisingly 109 No's of various flavours. J is back home after her adventure in pointlessness, She caught the 6am train down on Saturday morning, joined the Great Queue of Grief at 9am getting her 5 second slot to see a Box of Dead Brenda (possible band name there) at 11pm after 14hrs of shuffling along. Trains out of London must run later than I thought they do since she apparently got home at 4am this morning.

In answer to Mrs Q pointing out she was barmy, she told her that she ached all over and her feet were killing her. (We're talking a 50+ woman with a weight problem and plantitis here) but she felt the it was worth it.She told Mrs Q that
"The Experience was Uplifting and the Atmosphere was Electric as the Crowd Emotionally Supported Each Other"
Mrs Q cynically commented that she must have cut and pasted that phrase from somewhere since she certainly never normally talks like that.

Not wishing to be a killjoy and destroy the illusion; I don't believe you get to see the actual coffin.
Royal stuff aside, I do things with Mrs Tag I don't like ( like go to see Morrissey) and she does things for me that she is not keen on ( like visiting Goodwood today ). She doesn't know yet that I'm taking her to see Rick Wakeman. That could really be a make or break.

Not wishing to be a killjoy and destroy the illusion; I don't believe you get to see the actual coffin.
Royal stuff aside, I do things with Mrs Tag I don't like ( like go to see Morrissey) and she does things for me that she is not keen on ( like visiting Goodwood today ). She doesn't know yet that I'm taking her to see Rick Wakeman. That could really be a make or break.
What woman could failed to be impressed by being taken to see Rick Wakeman?

Back
Top Bottom