Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queuing for Brenda with the One You Love

Would you queue for Brenda if someone you loved asked you to?

• Total voters
Mrs Q's dopey mate and her cohorts will probably join The Queue around 9ish tomorrow so they are going to spend all of Saturday day and Saturday night stood around for a 5 second viewing and then still have to spend several hours getting home.
According to trainline the return fare is £72 plus no doubt wildly overpriced snacks as well so they are going to out at least a £100 for those 5 seconds. Completely barmy.

I'm so loving the feed.
The background noise (I have it on at the moment while I work) is quite relaxing.

Every now and then I check in to see the faces of people who have queued for up to 30 hours and how productively they will use their big moment in front of the box.

It's Brilliant TV!
My favorite ones are the ones who, after a being in a queue for thirty odd hours, are in a mild state of delirium.
Or, having had to queue for thirty odd hours, find the whole thing a bit of an anticlimax (probably thinking it would be an open casket) and just walk by it without a glance.

I once took my daughter to see the Chuckle Brothers live and queued for two hours in the rain to get their autographs afterwards. She doesn't give a shit about the royals; if she did, I'd consider it. Everyone else, including my GF, no way.

Last edited:
My favorite ones are the ones who, after a being in a queue for thirty odd hours, are in a mild state of delirium.
Or, having had to queue for thirty odd hours, find the whole thing a bit of an anticlimax (probably thinking it would be an open casket) and just walk by it without a glance.
I was surprised by how many people just walk past quite fast without looking. Maybe they think it's in the next room.

I was surprised by how many people just walk past quite fast without looking. Maybe they think it's in the next room.
20-30 hours of standing (there's nowhere to sit or sleep apparently) in the cold and the dark for much of it and I reckon I would be pretty dopey by the time I got to the front. Would probably miss all the important stuff, you have to wonder how many people joined the queue and after a couple of hours thought sod this I am going to the pub.

I once took my daughter to see the Chuckle Brothers live and queued for two hours in the rain to get their autographs afterwards. She doesn't give a shit about the royals; if she did, I'd consider it. Everyone else, including my GF, no way.

I had to do the same with my eldest sister back in the late sixties. Only, it was Englebert fucking Humperdink, she wanted to see.

20-30 hours of standing (there's nowhere to sit or sleep apparently) in the cold and the dark for much of it and I reckon I would be pretty dopey by the time I got to the front. Would probably miss all the important stuff, you have to wonder how many people joined the queue and after a couple of hours thought sod this I am going to the pub.
Hanging around the south bank for 30 hours without getting mugged or abused buy someone must mean that these folk really are the chosen ones, touched by god and the queen and all her angels, and the odd weirdo in the queue.

Mrs Q's dopey mate and her cohorts will probably join The Queue around 9ish tomorrow so they are going to spend all of Saturday day and Saturday night stood around for a 5 second viewing and then still have to spend several hours getting home.
According to trainline the return fare is £72 plus no doubt wildly overpriced snacks as well so they are going to out at least a £100 for those 5 seconds. Completely barmy.
It's bad enough when the wait for a doctors appointment overruns, and you find yourself climbing the walls after half an hour. The idea of deliberately waiting around for days, only to then wait around for a train, and then wait around on it until it gets you home - I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

What a lovely parent you are. That's heartwarming. When I leave a theatre, I go immediately for a drink, and I wouldn't put that off for anyone. If my son wanted someone's autograph, I'd tell him to write to their management.

Mrs D would have liked to visit the box while it was here. She's anti-royal but thinks it's an historic event, so would have liked to have seen it in the flesh as it were. She'd not be interested in queuing for hours just to say "I was there" though.

I wouldn´t stand in a queue for 30 hours for myself.

On a (slightly) related note. In 1989 my brother bought two tickets to see Deacon Blue at Wembley Arena. As it turned out, he couldn´t shift the second one. So he gave me a freebie shortly before the gig. I didn´t want to go, but actually quite enjoyed it, especially the one about the guy who works for the council.

Mrs Q's mate J joined the The Great Queue of Grief at 9am this morning and is still there (occasionally posting on FB)

Am I a mean-spirited old curmudgeon for wishing them nothing but ill?

Sharing banter, stories, having a few laughs? I thought it was supposerd to be a funeral. And the answer to your question is Yes you most definitely are.

My mum told me earlier she would have queued if she had been younger (she's 80) . And if she had queued , I'd have had to queue with her as her useless other children live in Bath. Luckily for me , the Queen survived to a grand old age . God bless you, your majesty.

Back
Top Bottom