Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queuing for Brenda with the One You Love

Would you queue for Brenda if someone you loved asked you to?

• Total voters

MickiQ

In My Defence I was left Unsupervised
Mrs Q has been invited by her friend J to go down to that there London and stand in The Queue for several pointless hours. Mrs Q has declined. However the reason J is asking around is that her husband has point blank refused to go with her.
At this point Youngest Q who has an evil streak in her suggested that if J's husband truly loved her then he would go with her, pointing out that her own brother went to see Ed Sheeran at Wembley with his glrlfriend and Son Q doesn't even like Ed Sheeran.
Ignoring her mother's snort of derision and disbelief she offered her belief that I would be willing to do it if Mrs Q really wanted too.
So what about you Urbs? I know none of you would ever go of your own volition to file past a wooden box (that might only contain spud or bricks for all we know) but what if the one you loved most in the world was desperate to go? Would you swallow your disdain for the Monarchy and stand for hours shivering in the cold or rain to prove your devotion?

Why does she need to be accompanied? I’m sure there’s plenty of queue camaraderie to be had, with like-minded folks sharing tea and biscuits etc. The news is saying people are making new friends, no doubt to similarly meet when Charles is lying in state, if they’re still alive then.

You might want to wait until a bit later to pay your respects, then... As of right now, the queue is 4.4 miles long :eek:

She is due to be driven past the end of the road on the journey from Hyde Park Corner to Windsor, so I probably will go out then to see it rush by. It would be rude not to.

It did amuse me that she's due to pass directly by the frontage of Harrods on the same trip, but Al Fayed doesn't own it any more so it's less amusing than it might've been.

I wonder if any of the talking heads will mention her having been banned from the premises as the hearse goes past in front of the television cameras from around the world.

Nope. A moot point as she thinks this whole thing's farcical too.

Also, we do some stuff separately - she goes on archaeological digs that don't interest me, I watch football/go to see The Cure who she's not arsed about etc. Not really a big deal.
Let's make the most of them come Monday the old bat gets stuck in the tomb and the opportunity will have passed.

would I be permitted to hold hands with my beloved?
I would imagine so

The rules for the Great Queue of Grief (above) seem clear enough, displays of affection for your fellow griefers would appear to be allowed. You could always say it's to comfort another heartbroken soul.

Back
Top Bottom