Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queue Watch: Dedicated BBC Queue Tracking discussion and analysis - HRH Her Majesty the Queen (Dec'd)

Oh the outrage has started in the twitter comments. Awesome. :D

This could be it gang, the veil may have fallen from their eyes.

Prepare the barricades!

• Haha
Reactions: Ax^
What's the point? She definitely didn't know nearly all the people filing past and they didn't know her, apart from her carefully stage-managed public persona.
Perhaps if the people spent the amount of their time being concerned for their neighbours as they do for people they don't know their country might be a better place.

Ignoring that, you can't quietly mourn when being rushed past the coffin, surely at home you can mourn in private rather than queueing for hours and gawping at the box. It's just virtual signalling of the worst kind.

Last edited:
Thinking about this, I remember queuing overnight twice. Once for cup final replay tickets and the other time was when it was snowing at the Lewisham Odeon for Who tickets.

Can't really shut a queue , If you shut an official queue then people will just form an unofficial queue waiting to join it.

heard someone before the queen even arrived in london about monday had choose where the line started without anything being said

they should get some old school army drill instructors to come along to move the queue along

Thinking about this, I remember queuing overnight twice. Once for cup final replay tickets and the other time was when it was snowing at the Lewisham Odeon for Who tickets.
I queued three times round the block in 1977 to see the first Star Wars fillum, at, I think, the old Odeon in Renfield Street, Glasgow. We ate Moon Rocks or Space Dust in the queue - or whatever popping candy was called at the time. It had just been launched in the UK. It felt like being part of history, because the film had just hit the UK and the queues were in the news.

The queue was entertained by a famous Glasgow busker who couldn’t actually play the moothie (mouth organ), but would just sook and blaw, and walk up and down the queue with his flat cap held out for money. He was an institution, but I can’t remember his name.

But that wasn’t even a whole afternoon, never mind over night!

How many people are we talking here? 5 miles. People double or triple deep.

That’s a lot of cold people…

Can someone tell me why im finding this so fucking hilarious. I tune into the bbc news channel now and then just to have a peek at people queuing and telling stone faced journalists how honoured they are that they get to Queue to see the Box. 'It's the least I could do for her selfless service' etc etc. It's just so so funny. It's also a little depressing that this many people in the UK are so fucking stupid but hey, we could all use a little bit of comedy gold right now with everything else going on.

Long live the Queue.

FcpZqrdXwAI8jFN.jpeg

It’s just so WEIRD!

I bloody love it. 🤦‍♀️🤣

Yeah, I’m getting some enjoyment out of the fact that the queue has become unmoored from its origins involving something to do with the Queen and is now just The Queue, and you joined The Queue because you knew it wouldn’t be around for ever, and that it was The Right Thing To Do. And when future generations ask what you did during The Queue, you want to be able to say that for a very special one time moment in all of human history, you were a part of the Queue, and in some nebulous, indefinable, and frankly quite possibly entirely incoherent way, the Queue was a part of you.

And one day, long from now, when you are in your nursing home regaling your grandchildren, or perhaps even great grandchildren, with tales of The Queue, and they ask you what it was that you were actually queuing for, your bosom will swell with patriotic pride as you tell them, “I don’t remember”.

Last edited:
they should start doing trail by combat in the queue for position

see how much they really want it

I did hear people are trying to blag it into the disabled Queue which is considerably shorter. Which isn't a bad plan. If you can bullshit your way into a parking space at asda with a fake a blue pass why not to view the Box?

Back
Top Bottom