Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queue Watch: Dedicated BBC Queue Tracking discussion and analysis - HRH Her Majesty the Queen (Dec'd)

Becks did look knackered when he entered the hall, as do most people.

We’re loving watching it. Earlier there was a Native American guy with full Chief headdress. He looked great.
I like the people who don't really know what to do. Do you stop and bow your head, stop and look solemn, shuffle past and look solemn, shuffle past looking embarrassed . I'd be the latter!!

As usual the Mail has the gory details of what happened when the guy attacked the Box which other papers, presumably out of respect for Her Majesty aren't saying. He actually managed to whip the flag off and there's a hilarious 'interview' on there with a traumatised mourner and her young niece who now want to be allowed to go in again as their first experience was so sullied.

I find the list odd as well. Any ideas?

I'll start bottom right and work backwards...

Tools (potential weapons or could damage historical building)
Flags (not sure why)
Whistles (I assume air horns etc. too - silence please)
Padlocks (people lock em to bridges n stuff in remembrance, not in our hall you don't)
Fireworks (another mourning item in some cultures / potential weapon etc.)
Soft toys (especially Paddington fucking bears or we'll be buried in them / bomb threat)
Chairs (could concealed weapons or explosives)
Butt plugs ( just not respectful is it?!)

Just saw one of the soldiers whos gonna walk the corpse up to Windsor being interviewed. He was describing it like Liam Gallagher did Knebworth. 'I did the Prince Phillip one but this is obvs a much bigger one. I've learned from that experience. A lot of the guys here haven't done a big funeral before so there's some nerves over there'

I really really cant stomach this. It reminds me of the morning after Brexit. When you realised the country you used to love was actually really shit and full of fuckwits.

How many people have actually been through to see the box? I reckon it's lower than it might seem with all The Queue "bantz".

This sums up the hypocrisy and what a lot of virtual signalling shite all this queueing is.
what if your nan's care home is in the vicinity and, because of the queuers the only way to get to visit is to join the q

I really really cant stomach this. It reminds me of the morning after Brexit. When you realised the country you used to love was actually really shit and full of fuckwits.
OK, that’s where I have to differ. I didn’t feel like that after the Brexit vote, and I don’t feel like that as a result of people liking the Queen. Quite apart from the haughty, patronising dismissal of people you happen to disagree with (actually on something pretty trivial in the bigger picture), it misses the structural issues underlying both phenomena. It is literally a liberal stand point.

It’s fine to be fed up with the spectacle. I am. But “fuckwits” is too easy.

OK, that’s where I have to differ. I didn’t feel like that after the Brexit vote, and I don’t feel like that as a result of people liking the Queen. Quite apart from the haughty, patronising dismissal of people you happen to disagree with (actually on something pretty trivial in the bigger picture), it misses the structural issues underlying both phenomena. It is literally a liberal stand point.

It’s fine to be fed up with the spectacle. I am. But “fuckwits” is too easy.

Ok, maybe 'fuckwits' was a bit glib. But I stand by my point. Let's say 'idiots'. Because anyone who voted for Brexit (many of whom lost their jobs as a result and hopefully now realise how idiotic they were) and anyone standing in the Queue removing the coverage in the news of the discovery of mass graves and genocide in Ukraine for ten straight days are exactly that. The Queue has provided a bit of light relief though so let's leave it there. Long live the Queue.

Ok, maybe 'fuckwits' was a bit glib. But I stand by my point. Let's say 'idiots'. Because anyone who voted for Brexit (many of whom lost their jobs as a result and hopefully now realise how idiotic they were) and anyone standing in the Queue removing the coverage in the news of the discovery of mass graves and genocide in Ukraine for ten straight days are exactly that.

Yeah the only reason I didn't go was to let the Ukraine news get a few more milliseconds of coverage.

Am I still an idiot if I voted to leave the EU but want nothing to do with the Queue? If I go and join it might someone take my degree off me, or the Autism Awareness course I did last year? Will I be a fit person to mentor young people if there appears in my household a teatowel with a picture of a corgi on it? Might Mrs SI's Masters degree be rescinded if she has a cry tomorrow in front of the telly? If I fail to chant "Putin is a poo-poo head" outside the Town Hall every weekend will I have to hand back my cycling proficiency badge? Will I have to promise not to use wow words?

Jesus fucking wept, man.

Am I still an idiot if I voted to leave the EU but want nothing to do with the Queue? If I go and join it might someone take my degree off me, or the Autism Awareness course I did last year? Will I be a fit person to mentor young people if there appears in my household a teatowel with a picture of a corgi on it? Might Mrs SI's Masters degree be rescinded if she has a cry tomorrow in front of the telly? If I fail to chant "Putin is a poo-poo head" outside the Town Hall every weekend will I have to hand back my cycling proficiency badge? Will I have to promise not to use wow words?

Jesus fucking wept, man.
Of course not, it just means you care for people you don't know and who don't care about you or even know you exist, and have no direct effect on your life, rather than get to know or care about people living in your own road or apartment block.

I don't know you, so that last point may not be true for you, as you may know loads of people in our community. But in general, it holds true.

I queued three times round the block in 1977 to see the first Star Wars fillum, at, I think, the old Odeon in Renfield Street, Glasgow. We ate Moon Rocks or Space Dust in the queue - or whatever popping candy was called at the time. It had just been launched in the UK. It felt like being part of history, because the film had just hit the UK and the queues were in the news.

The queue was entertained by a famous Glasgow busker who couldn’t actually play the moothie (mouth organ), but would just sook and blaw, and walk up and down the queue with his flat cap held out for money. He was an institution, but I can’t remember his name.

But that wasn’t even a whole afternoon, never mind over night!
I queued for that film 🤣 (in Bath) .

I'm loving all the outrage about queue jumping , Philip Scofield has been getting in the neck for using the 'special VIP ' queue. Whereas Becks deserves a knighthood apparently for queueing with the plebs for 12 hours. And all the outrage is to pay your respects to an hereditary monarch who probably never queued for anything in her privileged life.

Am I still an idiot if I voted to leave the EU but want nothing to do with the Queue?
Yes.

In the 21st century, if you are "wrong" about one thing, you are then wrong about everything. "You" are simply wrong.

So, if someone writes a load of stuff that you don't like, just look into their background and discover something that they did or thought wrong, and you can then annihilate anything they said or wrote, regardless of whether those things were right or wrong!

Useful, isn't it?

Bit like the church and all that heresy stuff.
Anti-enlightenmentism is definitely cool in the 21th century.

As the US president said, right at the beginning of the century:
"You are either for us, or against us"
Wow!

I just went down to look at the queue , it isn't that far away tbf , saw it near London Bridge , accidentally joined it for a while , some ignorant people might call that pushing in 🙄 . Wasn't in it for very long.

Walked back to Liverpool St via Bank and there was an anti-vax protest in full swing outside the BoE, bit disrespectful to her Maj that 🤔

I just went down to look at the queue , it isn't that far away tbf , saw it near London Bridge , accidentally joined it for a while , some ignorant people might call that pushing in 🙄 . Wasn't in it for very long.

Walked back to Liverpool St via Bank and there was an anti-vax protest in full swing outside the BoE, bit disrespectful to her Maj that 🤔

What a time to be alive.

Back
Top Bottom