Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queue Watch: Dedicated BBC Queue Tracking discussion and analysis - HRH Her Majesty the Queen (Dec'd)

Reclaim the beach? I recall it being said there was a gap in jurisdiction between river police and met which created a loop hole. I can't imagine they'd just team up to slap you about now.
Yes! Nice one thanks :)

I find it all a bit odd, why would you queue to see a box of a dead person,? I admit I went and saw my mum in her coffin and bawled like a baby, but that was my mum ( x ) , didnt have to queue.

But not for anyone else, ever, these sycophants make me feel a bit sick tbh.

In contrast I'm going to a funeral tomorrow of someone I didnt really like but he was fam, but I certainly know we thought more of him than we did the 'queen.'

Last edited:
I find it all a bit odd, why would you queue to see a box of a dead person, I admit I went and saw my mum in her coffin and bawled like a baby, but that was my mum ( x ) , didnt have to queue.

But not for anyone else, ever, these sycophants make me feel a bit sick tbh.

In contrast I'm going to a funeral tomorrow of someone I didnt really like but he was fam, but I certainly know we thought more of him than we did the 'queen.'
Hope it goes ok

I read somewhere that the queue is not allowed to exceed five miles.

At which point, what happens? Is it one in one out with no queueing for the queue allowed, so you just have to sort of mill about?

Is there maybe a ticketing system and online lottery?

Are there robust processes to stop people
queueing more than once?

I read somewhere that the queue is not allowed to exceed five miles.
Per the BBC website "The maximum length of the queue is 10 miles - with 6.9 miles from Westminster to Southwark, and a three-mile zigzag queue in Southwark Park."

I'm wondering if its 4.9 miles to Southwark then the zigzag. If they're measuring the length by GPS then that could be why its currently 'stuck' on 4.9 miles whiles the wait time is getting longer.. :confused: :confused:

Queen’s lying in state queue could stretch to 10 miles

Per the BBC website "The maximum length of the queue is 10 miles - with 6.9 miles from Westminster to Southwark, and a three-mile zigzag queue in Southwark Park."

I'm wondering if its 4.9 miles to Southwark then the zigzag. If they're measuring the length by GPS then that could be why its currently 'stuck' on 4.9 miles whiles the wait time is getting longer.. :confused: :confused:

Queen’s lying in state queue could stretch to 10 miles

I’m disappointed with the zigzagging. :(

Gsv was saying he saw it pointed out that there was really nothing stopping them from giving everyone a ticketed hour slot to queue up or something (as they are presumably doing for people with access needs), so it's almost as though they wanted there to be an enormous queue of 'devoted citizens'. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom