Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queue Watch: Dedicated BBC Queue Tracking discussion and analysis - HRH Her Majesty the Queen (Dec'd)

It's going to be a really boring queue too. No booze, spliff and bantz, no music or larks, just hardcore mourn. Very dull.
You could get lucky, but the chances of being stuck behind some gammon moaning about Megan for 8 hours is pretty high.

Providing the length (what spectacle, oooh let's discuss on social media :rolleyes:) of the queue and not the duration (which would be actually informative) is everything wrong with this country :mad:

(Well, not everything, but...).
And what's with them sharing it as a youtube stream rather than just a bloody website page? Makes no sense at all - like having a live stream of flight arrival times. I'm also annoyed they're pushing that stupid what 3 words bollocks too which is proprietary/closed sourced. I wonder which tory donor has an investment in that?

wtf is this 3words business?
They've basically broken the world into a grid of 1m squares and assigned each one a 3 word short code, the idea it's easier to say Horse.Battery.Staple than 123 Some Street, Some Town, SW1 1AA or give a grid reference. It's a simple idea but unfortunately relies on a private company that's going to charge for access once it's established, so shit like this helps it get established and then in a years time they'll be charging the gov a fee every time some one calls 999 and uses it to describe their location. It's utter bollocks and the kind of thing that should be open source or not used.

Not even bread and circuses, a few rancid crumbs rolled in shit and a bunch of horrible clowns, seems to be enough for a lot of people if you stick the royal seal of approval on it.

Somehow the BBC news report on the 10pm news managed to be even more mad than the queue itself. The Queue seems to have taken on several layers of ridiculous meaning, so long as you're slightly mental.

I'll admit I'm finding looking at the BBC live feed of the hall now and then quite interesting - I guess I was a bit curious to see what the arrangement was, though a million miles away from being interested enough to go. I guess you don't get the 'atmosphere', but I think the feed will be enough for most people.

Interesting that I'd say a preponderance of older women (ie, my age and up) seem to be there.

Back
Top Bottom