Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question for people who like coffee

Me76

Not very good lurker
My sister is a proper coffee addict but also doesn't have a load of disposable income so just buys instant.

I talked to her a while ago about why she doesn't get ground coffee and it was purely a money thing. She basically said if she could afford it, she'd have a cafeteria going constantly.

Her birthday is coming up so I am planning to get her a coffee subscription. 250g of ground a month. Which I know won't keep her addiction running, but I figure gives her the option of a 'special' cup when she wants to treat herself. I'm planning to get an individual cafeteria to wrap so she has something to open to go along with the email.

I do not drink coffee at all, so have no idea about the preferences on this type of stuff.

My main question is, on the subscription I have chosen, there's the choice of the 'house' coffee for the whole 6 months, or a different one every month.

Which would a coffee person I have described prefer do you think?

Different ones (but whisper it they all taste the same).

Get an aero press instead of a cafetiere. Proper hip.
What's the difference? I'm hoping she takes it all to work with her so the BIL doesn't try to steal it.

What's the difference? I'm hoping she takes it all to work with her so the BIL doesn't try to steal it.
Yes, no grounds.

I'm not somebody who is really into coffee but I like it. I like the ritual of it. Im sure there will be some reasoning somewhere. It's pleasingly engineered, that's what I like about it I think.

Ground coffee or beans and a grinder? I've got a small grinder which does seem to make a difference - particularly since I've finally found instructions for making a nice cup of proper coffee.

Eta: did read not to ground it too fine (to breadcrumbs size which seems a bit extreme) so you don't get grounds in the cup.

My sister is a proper coffee addict but also doesn't have a load of disposable income so just buys instant.

I talked to her a while ago about why she doesn't get ground coffee and it was purely a money thing. She basically said if she could afford it, she'd have a cafeteria going constantly.

Her birthday is coming up so I am planning to get her a coffee subscription. 250g of ground a month. Which I know won't keep her addiction running, but I figure gives her the option of a 'special' cup when she wants to treat herself. I'm planning to get an individual cafeteria to wrap so she has something to open to go along with the email.

I do not drink coffee at all, so have no idea about the preferences on this type of stuff.

My main question is, on the subscription I have chosen, there's the choice of the 'house' coffee for the whole 6 months, or a different one every month.

Which would a coffee person I have described prefer do you think?

Is this with Pact coffee? I can send you a voucher code I just got for a free cafetière with them.

Is this with Pact coffee? I can send you a voucher code I just got for a free cafetière with them.
Yes! That's the one I settled on after looking at a few. Seemed best value.

Do you the the voucher will work for gift? Hey, send it and I will work it out. Will dm you

Additional question - how long do the filters for the aeropress last, should I get her some of those too?

I have a Pact sub for different flavours 👍🏼 Wouid recommend. It does mostly taste the same-ish but sometimes there is an especially nice one. The current one tastes OK but is slightly foamy 🫤 It is easy to pause or change the delivery frequency too.

After years of trial and error with making coffee I’ve settled on this system https://amzn.eu/d/hFsFALk It is reusable so you don’t have to buy more filters or ‘waste’ one every day. Full disclosure - I currently have a plastic unit but have the linked one in my basket in case the plastic one breaks.

Nicest coffee I've ever had was in the US, an ex made me cups of vanilla coffee and orange coffee. Wish I'd asked who made them they were lovely.

I got 100 when I got my aeropress at Christmas and that’s enough for 100 cups - you only use them when once and it falls out as a neat little puck once you’ve pressed it down and released the cap

Best thing about the aeropress, assuming your making coffee for one. It's so easy to clean.

The filters are so cheap, I'm not sure i could be bothered to reuse them. I tried a metal one for a while, but didn't like it as much.

Have just signed up for pact as well.

I was dithering about it but I’ll give them a go and they have a couple of free offers - v60 for email subs and a cafeterie with code Smolcaf23 (I am not sure this will work for everyone but seems to have applied to mine)

Every time I see these coffee threads I read up about aero press but end up not understanding it and thinking if I got it I’d break it somehow

Back
Top Bottom