Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pilchards are great - anyone who doesn't like them is a proper wrong 'un

Do you like pilchards?

• Yes

• No

• I'm danny la rouge and work for the Pilchard Marketing Board

Results are only viewable after voting.
iu

this is from 2010 but it suggests we quite like fish compared to other western countries.
That's over a pound per week per person. :eek:

I know. But a pound of fish per week still seems a lot.
before i went veggie i used to eat, weekly, a box of fishfingers, 1 portion of fish and chips, 4/5 tins of mackerel, a tub of jellied eels, and occasionally even more than that. I never really considered myself a big fish eater but i probably ate getting on for the national average of sea food.

A pound of fish isn't really all that much over a week, when you think that a pound is about one big baked potato or 3-4 apples, and fish is probably heavier. You could account for that by having 1 large cod and chips and maybe a tin of tuna in a week.

Our consumption of fish is probably heavily boosted by it being our most common traditional takeaway food.

A pound of fish isn't really all that much over a week, when you think that a pound is about one big baked potato or 3-4 apples, and fish is probably heavier. You could account for that by having 1 large cod and chips and maybe a tin of tuna in a week.

Our consumption of fish is probably heavily boosted by it being our most common traditional takeaway food.

I think a pound of potato and a pound of fish are probably very similar in weight, if not exactly the same.

What with potatoes and fish sharing a fair chunk of evolutionary history in common…

you can probably walk from the old inner german border to the rhine on decompinsing tins of pilchards buried by BAOR they were in ten men ration packs never met anyone who liked them even royal marines who found something perverted to do with tins of sausages had nothing to say about pilchards!🤮

I think a pound of potato and a pound of fish are probably very similar in weight, if not exactly the same.

What with potatoes and fish sharing a fair chunk of evolutionary history in common…
:rolleyes: I meant the fish is a bit denser than the veg obv :p
Less bulky.

Nobody has pointed out (or I have missed the post) that sardines pilchards etc. are all different sizes and recipes for herring. Herring itself is a wonderful fish (chust sublime; P Handy) and as i worked my way up the west coast of Scotland camping, would be able to buy these and breakfast on them.

Nobody has pointed out (or I have missed the post) that sardines pilchards etc. are all different sizes and recipes for herring. Herring itself is a wonderful fish (chust sublime; P Handy) and as i worked my way up the west coast of Scotland camping, would be able to buy these and breakfast on them.

Recipes?

Back
Top Bottom