Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen Death: Thread for unhinged Tweets, opinions and behaviour

Jesus fucking christ, just seen the BBC news for the first time since all this started. It really is bonkers. People are being really bonkers. Loads of it is endless whittering inane shit of, 'Oh, my mum once saw the Queen, it was a deeply moving event' or some such bollocks. Someone just said they weren't sure whether to bow or curtsy at the coffin so they'd do both.

Who the fuck are these people? And how do they even manage to function in everyday life being this fucking pathetic? Some of this shit is genuinely alarming tbh.
Well, up until this point, it would appear that they have managed to function due to Queen Elizabeth guiding and protecting them. Fuck knows what'll happen now, hopefully Charles will be up to the job?

Well, up until this point, it would appear that they have managed to function due to Queen Elizabeth guiding and protecting them. Fuck knows what'll happen now, hopefully Charles will be up to the job?
Or maybe, they could think for themselves and just fucking get on with it. :rolleyes:

While I don’t know any of the Queue People I think (not being on social media I don’t get to find out peoples boring news) I’ve seen the sister-in-law of my old boss (an unusual surname and I knew that she lived in Cornwall) featured on a bbc news about queue people.

Sickspittles
Bluebloody idiots

While I don’t know any of the Queue People I think (not being on social media I don’t get to find out peoples boring news) I’ve seen the sister-in-law of my old boss (an unusual surname and I knew that she lived in Cornwall) featured on a bbc news about queue people.
ezgif-1-6b17a70c16.gif

He's probably thinking he needs some good PR seeing as he's taken the coin from Qatar for the World Cup. I was surprised by the fact he seemed to be on his own. Billy no mates. By many accounts he does seem to be a decent bloke all things considered so maybe it is just what it is.
He's very openly after a knighthood supposedly, keeps getting rebuffed and quite annoyed about that

I went out on the south Bank today and there are a lot of people in that queue and they are a wide range of people. It's not all tories in union jack hats, there are all sorts of people there. It's weird. Life is going on as normal but then there is a queue of people stood next to the river. An endless queue of people. All just. Queueing. I dunno. This characterisation of them as not normal doesn't sit true, there's something else going on. I don't know what it is. It's a really odd thing. A modern pilgrimage or something.

I went out on the south Bank today and there are a lot of people in that queue and they are a wide range of people. It's not all tories in union jack hats, there are all sorts of people there. It's weird. Life is going on as normal but then there is a queue of people stood next to the river. An endless queue of people. All just. Queueing. I dunno. This characterisation of them as not normal doesn't sit true, there's something else going on. I don't know what it is. It's a really odd thing. A modern pilgrimage or something.

Mass hysteria perhaps..

I think people have been persuaded that this is An Historic Event and by attending, they are being part of history. Something to tell the grandkids etc. FOMO does its job and boom — 1% of the country joins a queue. The media, who created this FOMO in the first place by reporting on the story above all else, day and night, feed on this reaction and create an attention spiral

So The Queue is explained not so much by weird monarchist fervour but instead by peoples’ desire to be part of events.

I think people have been persuaded that this is An Historic Event and by attending, they are being part of history. Something to tell the grandkids etc. FOMO does its job and boom — 1% of the country joins a queue. The media, who created this FOMO in the first place by reporting on the story above all else, day and night, feed on this reaction and create an attention spiral

So The Queue is explained not so much by weird monarchist fervour but instead by peoples’ desire to be part of events.
People are weird. There was a chippy in coventry called "binley mega chippy" that featured in a tik tok video earlier this year and all these weirdos travelled from all over the country to take selfies outside the chippy and joining long queues to buy chips there :D

I've tried this here (not recently), but if you make a queue. People will join it. They dont even have to know what they are queueing for. Something happens at the end of the queue. That's what keeps them there.

View attachment 343143
Maidenhead Advertiser have gone full blown grieving!

It's funny being in Maidenhead when something royal happens. Though the town is part of the royal borough and all the civic stuff i.e. town hall, is here the town is so the poor relation to Windsor but people in Maidenhead like to pretend we're still part of it!!

"Oh now Kate and William have moved to the royal Borough maybe we'll see them in Maidenhead" No we fucking won't, for so many reasons!!
I initially misread that headline as 'sling'.

Back
Top Bottom