Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen Death: Thread for unhinged Tweets, opinions and behaviour

He's probably thinking he needs some good PR seeing as he's taken the coin from Qatar for the World Cup. I was surprised by the fact he seemed to be on his own. Billy no mates. By many accounts he does seem to be a decent bloke all things considered so maybe it is just what it is.

Some bloke complaining his 7 year old niece got shoved out of the way in the 'incident ' (guardian, on phone, dunno how to link). Moaning that she wants to get back in to see the box again because she's been up since 2.00 and waiting 12 hours. Erm, yeah, but you are the dickhead who subjected a 7 year old to a 12 hour queue. Ffs.

(I don’t think I’ve ever been to Maidenhead).
It's got a great Protomartyr song named after it, which is inspired by the Patrick Hamilton novel Hangover Square:
Throughout the novel, Maidenhead represents for George a semi-mythical new beginning, representing a picture of traditional Englishness in contrast to the seaminess of Earl's Court, and the place where he once spent an idyllic holiday with his sister Ellen, now long dead, who was one of the few people who had ever loved and understood him. However, in the closing pages of the novel the fallacy of that dream becomes apparent to George: it is just the same as everywhere else.
I don't think either the song or the book feature any royals attempting to buy strap-ons in Mothercare, or any other shop for that matter, but been a while since I read it so I might have forgotten.

Anyway, was actually coming to this thread to post DOUGLAS MURRAY NYT JIHAD:

Also, went in a newsagent today and saw the Guardian's front-page headline was about someone saying the visit of a Saudi prince was an insult to the Queen's memory, didn't bother reading any further though so I can't tell you the details about how the Queen spent her life fighting against... monarchies, I guess?

Back
Top Bottom