Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen Death: Thread for unhinged Tweets, opinions and behaviour

Grumpy Charles is hilarious. Just like so many grumpy old men - Victor Meldrew cames to mind :D:D. Desk tantrums - I hope they become a regular thing. Looking forward to seeing what he comes up and the reactions that will follow.
We could do with some swearing though. That'd really go down badly. :thumbs:

Great opportunity for the entrepreneurs out there to sell food/drink (beers included, obvs), or even drugs ;), to people queueing up.
Got this yesterday from the BFI.

'We’re deeply saddened by the loss of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

From Wednesday 14 September, Her Majesty will lie in state at Westminster Hall for five days with a substantial number of people anticipated to pay their respects. The South Bank will play an important part in the queue management, and the BFI will be supporting this.

BFI Southbank will be open 24 hours a day from today until 06:00 on Monday 19 September. Our coffee bar and restaurant will be open throughout, and our toilet facilities will be available via The Riverfront entrance for the comfort of those queuing. We’ll also be screening a selection of films featuring Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along South Bank by Waterloo Bridge.'

has anyone mentioned the conspiracy that they switch the coffins over during the flight heard about it earlier

if you look when they loaded the casket it had a sticker placed on the box

and when it was offloaded it was missing

so everyone is waving at an empty box :hmm:

has anyone mentioned the conspiracy that they switch the coffins over during the flight heard about it earlier

raiders-basket.jpg

'Indyyyy....!'

Did they drop into the the sea or bomb Stoke with it?

Has the world gone completely, utter fucking bonkers? :confused:

(As of Wednesday morning)
Thats a plan showing how long the queue logistics are setup to be, not how long the queue had already gotten.

Apparently the queue had reached Westminster bridge when this BBC article was written not so long ago:

I think it’s brilliant that they actually considered telling people already staying in their properties to fuck off and come back the next day. :D

This is what happens when alcohol is served at management meetings.
You also wonder why, with an ailing 96 year old, they didn't y'know, think about it beforehand.

This is what a google search throws up first if you put in 'management, functions':
At the most fundamental level, management is a discipline that consists of a set of five general functions: planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling. These five functions are part of a body of practices and theories on how to be a successful manager.

Surprised the MBA courses don't throw in 'thinking straight amidst national hysteria' as a key function.

Still, not my idea of a pub crawl, though. I hope they're allowed to stay open 24h to serve the fucking delusional fools.
'Yeah, this meal deal has actually got a bit of ERII magic cloud sprinkled on it. And just a respectful £72, for each year of her reign'.

As a loyal BBC Breakfast watcher, I was idly wondering how Phil and Holly were covering the events of the week. Not curious enough to actually watch it though.

Got this yesterday from the BFI.

'We’re deeply saddened by the loss of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

From Wednesday 14 September, Her Majesty will lie in state at Westminster Hall for five days with a substantial number of people anticipated to pay their respects. The South Bank will play an important part in the queue management, and the BFI will be supporting this.

BFI Southbank will be open 24 hours a day from today until 06:00 on Monday 19 September. Our coffee bar and restaurant will be open throughout, and our toilet facilities will be available via The Riverfront entrance for the comfort of those queuing. We’ll also be screening a selection of films featuring Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along South Bank by Waterloo Bridge.'
just in case you forget while you are there. right. what if the movies trigger someone too much?

they're setting up a viewing area in Hyde Park, which for now consists of loads of food trucks and a lot of zero hours kids in hi-viz. like a mini festival with no people.
and there seem to be helpers ready to direct tourists fucking everywhere, right the way to Paddington, who currently are just getting in the way as it doesn't seem any busier than usual.

Oh mon Dieu
I think I also saw that princeling harry won't be able to wear his military kecks at the funeral or one of the other 73 constitutionally significant sites they are trawling his mother's corpse around. :(

Driver: 'yeah, we are just pulling up now, are the fridges round the back? There's a few mourners here already, have we had a ruling on whether you are can cure scrofula by diving on the bonnet?'.

after watching too many bond movies is there a bomb in the coffin?

after watching too many bond movies is there a bomb in the coffin?
To take out half the world's heads of state? Think that's a Gerard Butler one. :oops:

Eta And it's the PM and lots of shooting outside Westminster Abbey or St Paul's or something. And no, I’ve no idea why I watched it either. :(

What I am concerned about was that the story of our island race was being told adequately by the Wagatha Chrisitie trial. Now these royalist death chant interlopers have inserted a different narrative, a narrative of one who would never hurl her phone into the North Sea, to hide evidence - for example her husband's murder of lady Di). Strange days indeed.

Great opportunity for the entrepreneurs out there to sell food/drink (beers included, obvs), or even drugs ;), to people queueing up.

The entrepreneurs have already started - On another board, some not very poor tourist is getting rather irate after being told that the £1500 he paid for his family of eight to "Skip the Line" is very likely to be a bit of a scam..! :D

Back
Top Bottom