Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Queen Death: Thread for unhinged Tweets, opinions and behaviour

Food banks are mostly staffed by volunteers, not sure what option they'd have but to close if their usual staff are all home weeping in front of the telly
Our foodbank opens 2 hrs a day, twice a week. I've had a look at other foodbanks and this is not uncommon. We usually had one quiet day in the week and one really busy day when I used to volunteer there, due to how people are referred I guess. Trussel trust mentions this in the article Hitmouse shared, local foodbanks will know what their needs are and can decide whether they can shut or not.

TBF, people are like that with the Mona Lisa in the Louvre, which got me thinking (off topic), what is this country's foremost museum/gallery masterpiece? For all the stolen shit, is there anything so universally popular that spectators can only observe it for minutes/seconds before rejoining a queue?
Appropriately but sadly I imagine it's the crown jewels. Although for foremost masterpiece substitute 'most touristy single thingy'.

Rosetta Stone always has a queue despite an exact replica nearby being always empty.

I think it’s brilliant that they actually considered telling people already staying in their properties to fuck off and come back the next day. :D

This is what happens when alcohol is served at management meetings.
I suspect the U-turn isn't only because to the PR backlash but also the realisation that 800ish people would have been entitled to sue for alternative accommodation and compensation for being denied access to all the other facilities and services they'd paid for and been denied.
Or sue for the remainder of their stay arguing that they had been effectively forced to go home and end their holiday prematurely.

Bring on the Aussie

Bring on the Aussies 2

Author Mario Reading, a leading expert on the 16th Century astrologer, claims that the thenPrince Charles’s divorce from Princess Diana would lead to widespread disapproval that will force the new king to abdicate.

The book, written way back in 2005, reinterprets original predictions made by Nostradamus 447 years ago and suggests "a man who never expected to become king" take the throne.

This has led to the bombshell claim this might be referring to Prince Harry or even Australian Simon Dorante-Day, who claims to be the secret son of King Charles and Camilla.

I suspect the U-turn isn't only because to the PR backlash but also the realisation that 800ish people would have been entitled to sue for alternative accommodation and compensation for being denied access to all the other facilities and services they'd paid for and been denied.
Or sue for the remainder of their stay arguing that they had been effectively forced to go home and end their holiday prematurely.

Well obviously. It screams ‘breach of contract’, but you’d have expected there to be at least one “manager” with a Business Studies A level in the room, who wasn’t pissed, to tell them that.

Last edited:
Was genuinely surprised at Centre Parcs, had assumed that people could stay in their chalets, just the facilities would be closed for the day, but to actually suggest that everyone has to leave and camp out by the front gates for 24 hours, that’s quite special.
Even more bonkers was the “concession” that the ‘refugee guests’ would be able to leave their own possessions in the chalets they’d been removed from!

😂

I'd love to be the guy who this morning has to ring round all the people they told yesterday are having an unpaid day off on Monday to beg them to come in after all
Exactly, never the bonus-incentivised fuckwit management who have to clear up after the making of their own mess.

wow that's cold.

To be fair, a lot of those jobs simply aren’t going to exist any more. I expect a lot of them will be redeployed to other duties like lackeys to William, but redundancies were inevitable.

They could have waited until after Monday to announce them though.

To be fair, a lot of those jobs simply aren’t going to exist any more. I expect a lot of them will be redeployed to other duties like lackeys to William, but redundancies were inevitable.

They could have waited until after Monday to announce them though.
Apparently their 'legal advice' was to tell staff ASAP. Timing aside, it's ultimately no different from any scenario where you have to inform staff they are at risk of redundancy.

Has the world gone completely, utter fucking bonkers? :confused:

_126703995_2505f249-a9f3-4469-8d41-a9ddfd0e3cb6-nc.png.webp

(As of Wednesday morning)

Back
Top Bottom