Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Professional planning advice

JonF

Hi all.

Im a chartered professional planner and I work for a large firm in the city. As a local to the area I've seen a lot of changes and proposals for local regeneration. I have dealt with regeneration projects and know how the process works and how councils operate.

If I can help out with any community groups, individuals or on behalf and local companies to write planning objections or help write planning statements I'd be happy to offer advice and support and help guide strategic planning management.

Let me know if I can help.

Jon.

Hi all.

Im a chartered professional planner and I work for a large firm in the city. As a local to the area I've seen a lot of changes and proposals for local regeneration. I have dealt with regeneration projects and know how the process works and how councils operate.

If I can help out with any community groups, individuals or on behalf and local companies to write planning objections or help write planning statements I'd be happy to offer advice and support and help guide strategic planning management.

Jon.

Have you thought of joining the Brixton Society? As they follow planning applications in Brixton area. They would welcome new members.

Hi all.

Jon.
Have a look at some of the threads here - there's loads of people looking for advice (in particular the Cressingham Gardens residents and the Brixton Arches traders)....

How can I get in touch with the Arches Traders and co. I feel that much of the regeneration of the area is beyond a reversal of the decision to press forward, but a steer of the scheme is now required to best suit those affected.

How can I get in touch with the Arches Traders and co. I feel that much of the regeneration of the area is beyond a reversal of the decision to press forward, but a steer of the scheme is now required to best suit those affected.
I imagine you can contact them here.
Home

The main concerns voiced by the incumbents have been about bringing rent levels more into line with the rest of Brixton over a period 5-10 years post development rather than planning issues per se. Second appears to have been the "dead period" whilst developing everything at once. Do you see scope to deal with those issues?

I'd suggest you contact the Cressingham Gardens campaigners too. They really need help
Save Cressingham Gardens

In theory local people are be consulted on future of Brixton.

Google Future Brixton and the Council website comes up.

On the arches there was a consultation process going on. This was to, in Council words, Co produce a masterplan for the Central Brixton Area. See the Future Brixton website.

This was stalled when Network Rail decided to ignore the consultation process and evict the Arches.

The Central Brixton Master plan consultation process is supposed to start again in September. So u might want to check that out.

There is also a Brixton Master plan that is online and This was consulted on some time ago. It has some good stuff in it. But its making it mean something in practice that is the problem.

The problem is the property owning leeches can make a killing in Brixton now to the detriment od the local community.

Hi JonF any help with the Arch campaign you can offer would be greatly appreciated before NR & Lambeth change Brixton for ever !

Back
Top Bottom