Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Private security 'dog unit patrols' on public streets in London

Saw a security guard at White City Westfield with a dog the other day, for no apparent reason. They are very much fake cops, and rely on (a) the area that's owned by Westfield and the area that's public not being displayed at all - nothing is signposted and there's a large area by the tube station which may or may not be public space, I have no idea - and (b) the fact that there are often real cops there too.

Saw a security guard at White City Westfield with a dog the other day, for no apparent reason. They are very much fake cops, and rely on (a) the area that's owned by Westfield and the area that's public not being displayed at all - nothing is signposted and there's a large area by the tube station which may or may not be public space, I have no idea - and (b) the fact that there are often real cops there too.
You are right. They deliberately try and assert control over space that is public. Problem is Westfield built all of it as part of its planning commitments. They think we built it we control it. It's the worst place for this behaviour.

Had to google it but White City Westfield is a shopping centre? Bit ott having a fake cop security guard with a patrol dog, do they have much bother there?

Should give them a Segway not a dog (Mall cop, lol).

Had to google it but White City Westfield is a shopping centre? Bit ott having a fake cop security guard with a patrol dog, do they have much bother there?

Should give them a Segway not a dog (Mall cop, lol).
It's a vast shopping centre that covers an increasing area of land in the area - takes a good 15-20 minutes to go from one end to the other, and I walk pretty fast - and it's very unclear as to which bits are public and which aren't, because a fair amount is outside or around stations or bus stops. Of course the distinction is not signposted.

Back
Top Bottom