Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Private security 'dog unit patrols' on public streets in London

I wonder where the patrol guy lives then to be working in Kensington on £11 per hour?

Just as a point of information, to save anyone else from having to say it:

Fitzroy Square isn’t in Kensington, it’s in the district known as Fitzrovia, which is partly in Westminster and partially in Camden. Fitzroy Square itself is in Camden.

Thought wages were better down there due to the cost of housing being so high.
Nope. Some wages are a tiny bit higher because of ‘London weighting’ (mostly public sector) which doesn’t actually meet the cost of being in London. Most people are just fucked, many working multiple jobs to survive.

I had an argument with one of those blokes once. He told me I couldn't drink there, I told him he had no jurisdiction to tell me that I couldn't drink there. I was only passing through on the road bit at the time too which pissed me off especially. Wasted my time as I then had to stand there drinking for a minute to prove my point when I was supposed to be on my way to another pub.

I've never had any other problems other than that one time though, including often having a beer/spliff on the benches. I'm fairly discreet and not a youth/homeless so on the whole I don't think I'm their target.

Very interesting point on the parking though, if they want to cosplay there is nothing really to stop them quietly standing around so long as they don't bother people but they shouldn't be able to park there. I suspect Camden would turn a blindeye as they are providing some security to the area and give them one less thing to worry about at no cost. They may even give their blessing for the parking but it'd be good to find out for sure.

Walking round with an offensive weapon? Legal?

Anyway I'm thinking trainspotting and the air rifle scene.

And yet it seems that you want to perpetuate this system. :(

I don’t begrudge people who have done well for themselves, many of which will have no doubt come from nothing.

In many ways I find such extravagance both shocking in an ostentatious kind of way (money can’t buy taste) yet sometimes inspirational at the same time.

I don’t begrudge people who have done well for themselves, many of which will have no doubt come from nothing.

In many ways I find such extravagance both shocking in an ostentatious kind of way (money can’t buy taste) yet sometimes inspirational at the same time.
As long as the system is designed for the few to exploit the many, then it will be millionaires/billionaires v the rest of us.

don't forget the £11 per hour probably does not include the care for the dog. Does that include extra for working shifts/nights?

I don't like cops or fake cops or dogs or cop dogs or fake cop dogs and certainly not fake cops with fake cop dogs.

Are you a bit dog-phobic like me?
I’m kind of scared of dogs due to early childhood experiences but dogs are definitely better than humans.

One thing I have noticed is farmers seem to be absolutely rolling in cash, massive new build luxury farmhouses with Porsche 4x4’s on the drive.

Depends entirely on where you are, how much ground you have and what you can successfully farm. Most hill farms would go bust overnight without the upland subs. One once told me that each of his ewes made him £1 in profit per annum (and I believe him).

Mate of mine has a security business that, in addition to door staff, provides K9 security services. He pays his staff a fuck lot more than £11 an hour and this is in and around north Kent. So somethings not right with the mug in the OP.

Canine security is a very specialized field. You can't just rock up with your dog and be one. Well you can, and I rather suspect that's what's happened here. You're paying shit wages and getting a shit service.

Coincidentally, my mate also has a dog kennels where her imports, breeds and trains security dogs. These ain't family pets, these pooches set you back a good few grand. I'd have concerns over the training and quality of the dog being used by the guy in the OP.

Mate of mine has a security business that, in addition to door staff, provides K9 security services. He pays his staff a fuck lot more than £11 an hour and this is in and around north Kent. So somethings not right with the mug in the OP.

Canine security is a very specialized field. You can't just rock up with your dog and be one. Well you can, and I rather suspect that's what's happened here. You're paying shit wages and getting a shit service.

Coincidentally, my mate also has a dog kennels where her imports, breeds and trains security dogs. These ain't family pets, these pooches set you back a good few grand. I'd have concerns over the training and quality of the dog being used by the guy in the OP.

I get the impression that this particular dog patrol in Kensington is more aimed at a visual deterrent complete with security car made up to look like police car.

Back
Top Bottom