Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Post random pics of your CD/vinyl/cassette collection

I don't think you've adopted the alphabetical system though, as you've got Autechre before Aphex.
I can't work that way, so CD and vinyl is organised by genre.

I did try alpha at one stage but got horrifically fucked off at having to move half the collection each week, whenever I got something new 🙃

I did try alpha at one stage but got horrifically fucked off at having to move half the collection each week, whenever I got something new 🙃
You're right, that is a pain in the arse. I'm toying with filing all new stuff initially after Z (or after various artist stuff in fact), and then over Christmas putting them all as one into my alpha-chron system.

In an alphabeticised collection (by artist), where would people file those beginning with something other than a recognised modern letter or a number? I recently got my first µ-Ziq album (which is excellent by the way), and I've slotted it in between 3rd Bass and Aaliyah. Is this correct?

1658776023425.png

I don't think the - is very important - it's punctuation in this case: if it were being used to link two words it would be different.

!!! are a filing problem I've not had to deal with, thankfully.
If it ever comes up, they're pronounced CHK CHK CHK so you could file them under C. Personally anything starting with a number or symbol I'd say should go before A, but it's that kind of confusion combined with my natural laziness that I just stack my CDs at random and recognise them by colour instead.

If it starts with a Greek letter, it gets filed in the World Music section, surely?
I don't have a world music section :confused: general A-Z, then classical and opera, followed by comedy and spoken word for by Mrs Tags off the wall stuff.

Back
Top Bottom