Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Post random pics of your CD/vinyl/cassette collection

I always find near the top of my itinerary on any city trip, here or abroad, is to search out the record shops.
Me to, except Saturday it was two shops. A little old second hand one per Gottard and Yes or new ones from a chain like Hawkwind and Voia.

I had to rearrange the collection to fit all the vinyl on my shelves. This meant it was time to find a new location for all the CD's, most of which get played on Spotify rather than from the actual disc. So away they went. Except for the Julian Cope ones.

IMG_3590.jpeg

Bookended by the Upsetters box sets sit the bulk of my reggae LPs. The hardest area of my collection to get to, physically, as I need to move a floorstanding speaker to get there - but the most satisfying section to listen to. If I had a few grand spare, this is the collection that'd be growing the most!

20240326_144857.jpg

found a tumblr with vinyl themed illustrations. they're all great (except the ones that have the tonearm placed wrongly) and you should look at the whole lot.

I've had these 45s in boxes on the kitchen table for years, so I got a mate to make me this shelf, which he fitted today :cool: Still have boxes all over the house and I have to find room for the 12"s that were evicted to make the space, but it's a small step closer to order :p

20240806_195302.jpg

Went on holiday. Forgot to pack CDs to the campervan so picked these up in a second-hand shop half-way down. Some duplicates of things I have already, but these can now live in the van.
Mudflap sneaked into photo after being ripped off the van by a narrow lane passing place mishap 🙄
1000005003.jpg

dub.jpg

Back
Top Bottom