Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political polling

I mean fully 3% of those responding seemingly expressing a voting preference for Farage's investment scam.
Clearly not the sharpest chisels.

I dunno. Voting for Farage's various mobs has arguably been the most effective use of a vote in England over the last decade or so.

Just how fucking piss-poor do you have to be to fall behind Johnson in a credibility poll?
FFS
Corbyn was behind whoever was tory leader in the credibility poll for the entirety of his time as leader (IIRC - there may have been one or two polls where he was ahead). Fairly sure Miliband was behind Cameron throughout the coalition too. This is pretty normal.

Corbyn was behind whoever was tory leader in the credibility poll for the entirety of his time as leader (IIRC - there may have been one or two polls where he was ahead). Fairly sure Miliband was behind Cameron throughout the coalition too. This is pretty normal.

Third time lucky, I guess.

Just how fucking piss-poor do you have to be to fall behind Johnson in a credibility poll?
FFS

View attachment 254563
Only BoZo has actually been PM so a lot of people voting for Corbyn/Starmer as best PM aren't really voting on that basis, this is more an indication of how pissed off they are with BoZo rather than how pleased they are with the alternative. A more pertinent question is not why Starmer is unpopular, it's why Bozo is not.

I dunno if it really means much - we're still in the middle of a national crisis which saw them polling over 50% last spring, and currently the mood music is positive - and however you swing it, the various vaccine gambles seem to have paid off. The support given by the treasury is widely seen very positively, no-one is really listening about the corruption and the 100,000 dead is already forgotten.

I think until this is over, you have to assume a strong lead for whoever is in government is the default. Maybe a more vigorous opposition could eke out a few points, but who knows.

I dunno if it really means much - we're still in the middle of a national crisis which saw them polling over 50% last spring, and currently the mood music is positive - and however you swing it, the various vaccine gambles seem to have paid off. The support given by the treasury is widely seen very positively, no-one is really listening about the corruption and the 100,000 dead is already forgotten.

I think until this is over, you have to assume a strong lead for whoever is in government is the default. Maybe a more vigorous opposition could eke out a few points, but who knows.
Maybe, but the folk now in charge of the Labour party obviously thought that polling mattered when they sought to undermine the previous leadership by repeatedly saying that any other leader would be 20 points ahead.

they were wrong - I'm not sure adopting one of the many things they were wrong about is much use is it?
Quite so, but polls like this afford useful opportunities to re-remind them quite how wrong they were then and how fucking useless they are now.

It can be used to remind them how wrong they were - I don't think it says anything about how useless they are though. They were wrong to point at the polls and say 'anyone else would be 20 points ahead'. You're wrong to point at the polls and say 'this proves you're useless'. The times are unprecedented, and the polls can't be trusted to say anything right now except how the population is feeling about the pandemic.

It can be used to remind them how wrong they were - I don't think it says anything about how useless they are though. They were wrong to point at the polls and say 'anyone else would be 20 points ahead'. You're wrong to point at the polls and say 'this proves you're useless'. The times are unprecedented, and the polls can't be trusted to say anything right now except how the population is feeling about the pandemic.
You don't really need to point to polling to show that the LP is useless, but they kind of corroborate what is evident.

i think these polls are way beyond a vaccine boost/rally around the leader
starmer has both been played and played himself

So them doing really shit in the polls and being absolutely useless is just a coincidence?

yep! we need to wait till next year when things have settled down for the abysmal polling to be a reflection of how useless they are...

i think these polls are way beyond a vaccine boost/rally around the leader
starmer has both been played and played himself

I'm dubious that that (one-off! ;) ) YouGov poll was specifically showing an anti-Starner vote really, useless though he is.

I'm not sure that the poll represents much (if it all!) beyond a vaccine boost, myself.

With a booster-jab from Mail and Express and Telegraph etc., for a lot of people.

I couldn't see any voter age breakdown in YouGov's ultra-brief tweeting of their poll, either :( :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom