Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political Compass 2015

What do people make of the Political Compass analysis of the 2015 election?

http://www.politicalcompass.org/uk2015
Not a real response, but I thought I'd offer you the 2010 version as well...for comparative purposes, like.

uk2010_zpsleykhrev.png

uk2015_zpscjaccbe2.png

I have never thought that the Political Compass added anything more than confusion to the old Left Right analysis. I think it is sophistry. :D So Ner.

Here yer go...JFF...so in England you can vote for the Dave's "UK", Nigel's "Hungary", Nick's "Netherlands" or Ed's "Slovakia". Spoilt for choice we are.

eu2012_zpsq3a3wjfw.png

I'm sorry but anything that shows the Labour party to the right of the BNP is transparently a load of old bollocks.

that chart got me confused - anyway in what universe is Labour to the right of the BNP?

the universe where the BNP have policies on re-nationalisation, worker share-ownership and profit-sharing whilst the Labour Party are a bunch of neo-liberal shites

its explained on the page for you:
As we’ve pointed out in earlier charts, the BNP, lazily described as "extreme right", is economically far from neo-liberal. Its extremism is reflected in its reactionary social attitudes.

^ just shows how flawed the whole concept is when elements of fascistic state ownership are somehow seen as "to the left" of social democratic adaptations to neoliberalism.

Back
Top Bottom