Police tactics/reaction to 'illegal' Raves

Poll Removed

• Removed

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Removed

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
no_justice_no_peace_fuck_the_police.jpg

>>>>> free spirit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
my current take on you is that you work as some sort of creative with an ad agency / PR agency looking at ways of generating exposure through
holding illegal raves, and pushing things to provoke the police into taking action that will then get media coverage (with your help), and get your
brand associated with a subculture that's gained a bit of exposure recently through stuff like skins... either that or you're just planning to film
it and use the footage directly for something, fly on the wall thing maybe?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

It's funny that in your desperate rush to disbelieve me, you've managed to come up with theories even stranger than the truth!

>>>>> moon cat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You say that but I remember a party where they linked up with a pirate radio station - cue much bafflement from plod. Don't know if this was the
reason but we partied all morning.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Cool! Could the disk jockey see the party, or get any feedback from it? If they can't, it's not much better that listening to pre-recorded sets. To
all the people laughing at this idea, you see, it has already been done!

>>>>> Paulie Tandoori >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You have at least one first-aider (something you seem curiously uninterested in in your rabid discourse on smoke grenades ffs), you have suitable
security or door staff, who know how to behave (not something that i would even dream of discussing with someone who doesn't appear terribly
interested in the safety of his punters but more in how to handle the confrontation that sadly seems something you hope takes place).
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

How many times do I have to repeat this? I don't want anyone to get hurt. I was not advocating confrontation with the police. I just need to know
'what if..'. The MOD site is big enough for 8,500 people (give or take). We're aiming for 1000+, So yeah, we'll have first-aid and security force.
RE. my question about how many security people are needed, and if they should be plain clothed or uniform. Ideas?

>>>>> Crispy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Call off the wolves pk, please.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And what is good, Phaedrus,
And what is not good...
Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

>>>>> pk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It's prime pisstake material. Even the poll demands more.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Laugh on, laughing boy.

>>>>> Crispy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
But this one is a childish response to an equally childish attack, so I'll get rid of it.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I don't think it was childish. I was genuinly interested in peoples opinions. I do not appreciate your censorship.

>>>>> Eva Luna >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Yes I am late in this night have been said, and yes I dont know anything about free parties - but - your attitude to people taking drugs at parties
and your use of the word 'cheap ravers' 'not donating to the charity after the event' tells me that you dont respect this community...........why
use them then, for what gain? Bit rich innit? Using a body of people and their lifestyle of codes and ethics to promote something........
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hmmmm? What do you think my attitude towards people taking drugs at parties is? Not sure why you think I don't respect u75, please expound. What do I
hope to gain? Peace, Love, Unity and Respect. I'm a philanthrophist and I work for philanthropic organization (Gaia). I suppose you can't blame
people for being so cynical these days.

Before you quote me saying 'maybe I'm not getting payed enough', it was a joke. I'm not a money grabbing capitalist. I've lived in squats for most
of my life. Which reminds me. Supposing when the police turn up, they're told that the land is actually squatted, and they need to apply for an
eviction notice? I guess they would quite happily do an illegal eviction. Of course, we'll be video tapping them doing it. And seeing them in
court later. Someone want to research this for us? Need legal details and precedents. (Yes, I know the law for squatted buildings, and I've read the
squatters handbook, and I've been woken up by attempted illegal evictions, often the police have helped the bailiffs).

>>>>> Boycey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
either way, the quicker they're blown up or locked up the better
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Errrr. Everyone has been complaining about the minefield location, and now you actually want us to get blown up?

>>>>> bouncer_the_dog >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Speaking of copyright etc, does anyone mind if I write this up and submit it to BBC3? I won't credit anyone - your identities will be kept secret I
promise!!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What the hell do you expect BBC3 to do with it?

>>>>> free spirit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
well this shows how well thought out your scheme is then doesn't it.

have you ever read a charities end of year accounts?

they don't need to publish a timeline of when donations were made, just a total at the end of the year, so how the fuck are you going to tell how
much your party raised sherlock?

Unless of course you tell them in advance what you're doing, and get a special paypal account set up with the charity, which means you'd have to go
to the charity and tell them you want to associated their name with an illegal rave that you're running to generate headlines and stick it to the
man as part of some bizarre social experiment by a wannabe anarchist who's working to bring capitalism down from the inside... or at least that's
what he tells himself when he goes to bed at night.

oh yeah, and after they've been to a craply organised party that got busted before it had even begun, or worse - got busted but decided to stick it
out and fight for the right to party maaan resulting in lots of blood being shed... people aren't likely to be that inclined to take much notice of
your idea that they should all now donate to some charity.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I was under the impression that they had to publish monthly figures. If this is false we can always find a small charity with an understanding,
anonymous insider. Let's do some math, 2000 * 5 = £10,000. Suppose we get 8,000 people and suppose because they had such a good party, and are
feeling the love drug, they all decide to donate £10. 8000 * 10 = £80,000. At this point I would normally say 'Go figure', but I've already done the
figuring for you.

We could use our own paypal account, and give the money to the charity, but then we add two problems. 1) We become potentially traceable. 2) Why
would people trust us? Actually the bigger the charity is the better, because with a small charity people might be suspicious (Although I do like
the idea of a tiny charity mysteriously recieving £80,000 in donations one monday morning :)

If the party is shit, they have a good excuse not to donate. And who could blame them? Certainly not me. But, of course, if we hire you and
your crew, it won't be craply organised, will it?

>>>>> free spirit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
ok, so the MOD signs were put up by persons unknown, but you know that these mysterious persons unknown weren't actually working for the MOD.

so cutting through the bullshit, you're now saying that someone for some reason thought it'd be a great idea to stop people stumbling across the
party by accident if you* stuck up some mod signs saying there were unexploded bombs on the site.

well, guess what. ON the night when the police see those signs they won't take your word for it that you stuck them up, and they're not mod signs,
they'll bust you for it then find out afterwards whether there was any truth to what you were saying. And unless you've got receipts from buying the
signs to prove they weren't originally nicked from a real mod site with unexploded munitions on it, you'll have just opened yourselves up to charges
of theft, and another charge of reckless endangerment for making the site you nicked the signs from more dangerous.

*not necessarily you personally, but someone related to the party
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

They won't be there on the night. Once we're set-up, and have sufficient numbers, we want people to stumble on down.
As long as they read our manifesto first, it's all good.

>>>>> Paulie Tandoori >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
It does strike me as slightly odd that s/he's convinced that 1000's of party-hungry ravers will descend on this social experiment anyway. Smells
like a facebook/flashmob angle to me......
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

We're probaby going to break free spirit's rule about not putting up posters or advertising on the web. The core crew will be there first (prob 30
strong), then the trusted staff and friends (could be a few hundred, all friends and/or people with background checks). Then txt messages will go
out to people on our list, and finally the location will be made public online.

>>>>> free spirit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I think his datamining mission here is done for a bit.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The u75 datamines are deep and rich, containing some very precious gems, although there is also a lot of useless crap down there (and even some
subterranean trolls ):

*digs*

>>>>> detective-boy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
There will always be someone who can be identified as having a leading role and they would be singled out and prosecuted. Where the organising of
something is an offence, anyone involved in the organisation could be prosecuted. In reality the police will identify a few main players and
prosecute them. During a closure and dispersal, anyone obstructing / assaulting, etc. is likely to be arrested/prosecuted for that.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If YOU'RE planning to organise something like this, that is probably true. In OUR case, maybe not. It just depends who is more clever, us, or the
police? On top of this, IF anyone does get caught, we have the legal team. They will also try to minimise the risks before hand. E.G. each person
will only be responsible for a small part of the whole operation. The police will never be able to pin the whole thing on one person. Unless we
fuckup.

>>>>> detective-boy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You and me both! ste9 sounds like one of those people who may as well have a neon flashing arrow above his head with the caption "Arrest me!" as far
as the police are concerned!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You think you can tell what I'm like IRL just from my inet persona? That's very clever of you.

And if free spirit has indeed met me, he certainly doesn't know who I am. Or do you?

>>>>> detective-boy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The army will NEVER be used in a direct role (there is a strict protocol on handing over control to the Army - it has been used once in England,
Wales and Scotland in recent history to my knowledge - when the SAS were deployed to end the Iranian Embassy seige - control was formally handed
from police to army, for the cordoned area, for about a hour I think).
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Anyone want to datamine this for us? What about riots and stuff?

>>>>> paolo999 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Contender for thread of the year, and should - I think - from now on be referred to as "The Anarcho Peace War Rave on a Minefield Thread" (c)
Bouncer the Dog.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Wow. Thanks. Do I get a prize? And I've not even been asked about the revolution, yet. I think we'll save that for another thread, yeah?
There have been some very funny posts, credit to all concerned. I do love u75. PLURR

mon ste9

(shit, I just googled monste9 and the last result is an ebay purchase for "GERBER LMF II INFANTRY IN BLACK". Nice Knife, though. That guy has good
taste. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircrew_Survival_Egress_Knife)

Just curious, SE9 (I'm not joining the big debate going on here, since I had to skip about 10 pages to save time) from what I read of your last two posts, though, you've laid out an awful lot of your plan in a publicly accessible online forum. That in itself makes me wonder if you know what you're getting into? The old bill scavenge sites like this for any reference to upcoming illegal events, after all.

Number one party rule: keep it under your hat til the last minute. ;)

If there is no spike, or if it isn't big enough, it means that the cheap, fucking ravers have enjoyed our party and decided to give nothing back. So, no more parties.

Ooh, I'll take my smiley back then if you'll take away our parties! :mad: :p

Newsflash: ravers do not go to parties because they're cheap, parties are cheap because they're run by ravers (can't stand the term 'raver', personally, but you know what I mean)

If you see two men walking together in the park, looking from side to side like they're hiding something, then they're definitely CID.
I can't believe we used to think this :oops: :D
Ah ha!!! The cunning plan worked sarge ... they've fallen for the double bluff ...

Just curious, SE9 (I'm not joining the big debate going on here, since I had to skip about 10 pages to save time) from what I read of your last two posts, though, you've laid out an awful lot of your plan in a publicly accessible online forum. That in itself makes me wonder if you know what you're getting into? The old bill scavenge sites like this for any reference to upcoming illegal events, after all.

Number one party rule: keep it under your hat til the last minute. ;)

We want them to know. We've been planning this for over 10 years. We are now entering the public phase. I hope there are some officials reading this, thinking 'OMG, what if this guy is serious?'

...or they might just be thinking, "Mwa-hah-hah-hah-haaaaaa! Gonna get me some raver arse!"

We want the police to know that if they stop this event, they're taking money from charity. We want them to know that this is a victimless crime, that everyone is safe, and that it's run by highly responsible and super organised people.

ste9 said:
E.G. each person
will only be responsible for a small part of the whole operation. The police will never be able to pin the whole thing on one person.
The police don't have to "pin the whole thing on one person" - that was the whole fucking point of my post - all that has to be proven is being involved with the organisation in some way ... such as, er, being responsible for a small part ... :rolleyes:

The army are not used in support of the police, no matter whether it is a riot or not. They simply cannot be in law. Northern Ireland has been a a special case. It happened briefly during the Iranian Embassy seige. You will find conpiraloons claiming it happened during the Miner's Strike. It didn't. The services may be used in a support capacity (e.g. driving Green Goddesses during the fire fighters strike, providing surveillance and other background support) but not in actual hands-on policing.

The possibility of handing control to the services still exists. It will NOT be used because of a few fuckwits in a field.

And your attitude is perfectly plain from your written words. You have heard of non-verbal communication, haven't you?

Ooh, I'll take my smiley back then if you'll take away our parties! :mad:

Newsflash: ravers do not go to parties because they're cheap, parties are cheap because they're run by ravers (can't stand the term 'raver', personally, but you know what I mean)

We'll soon see if ravers are cheap or not. Give generously, people. The more support we get, the more exciting things will be in the future.

We want them to know. We've been planning this for over 10 years. We are now entering the public phase. I hope there are some officials reading this, thinking 'OMG, what if this guy is serious?'

:D

I don't think anyone thinks you're serious.

Ten years in the planning, wooo!!

Doesn't matter, the outcome will be the same, given your arrogant attitude towards people who have been doing this regularly for well over ten years.

8647-czechtek-2005.jpg

We'll soon see if ravers are cheap or not. Give generously, people. The more support we get, the more exciting things will be in the future.

You aren't going to get support - you're going to get sued.

I guess the key phrase in my second to last post was "run by ravers." The scene has moved well away from the early 90s events that were run by self-contained circles with no link to the community. So good luck to ya.

We want the police to know that if they stop this event, they're taking money from charity. We want them to know that this is a victimless crime, that everyone is safe, and that it's run by highly responsible and super organised people.

DIANA_MINEFIELD_5-1466.jpg

The police don't have to "pin the whole thing on one person" - that was the whole fucking point of my post - all that has to be proven is being involved with the organisation in some way ... such as, er, being responsible for a small part ... :rolleyes:

OK. What if someone is caught DJing, for example? They have no idea who organised the event. They were invited, anonymously, to come down and do a DJ set (maybe they were told that the event is totally legal, and they had no idea that it wasn't). What is going to happen to that person?

Don't worry, Mooncat won't let you take the rap for it!

:D

People are going to get angry about this idea, and I would like to stress that it is not my idea. BUT, what if we bribe a 14 year old homeless girl to take the rap for the whole thing? A clever one. They'd never believe it, but how could they prove it. And as a minor with excellent legal support ... what's the worst that could happen to her?

Plus we'd give the money to Barnardos, in her honour.

People are going to get angry about this idea, and I would like to stress that it is not my idea. BUT, what if we bribe a 14 year old homeless girl to take the rap for the whole thing? A clever one. They'd never believe it, but how could they prove it. And as a minor with excellent legal support ... what's the worst that could happen to her?

Plus we'd give the money to Barnardos, in her honour.

Dear lord sweet jesus christ and all of his associated holdings :D

ste9 said:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please investigate the use of this button:
multiquote_off.gif

Back
Top Bottom