Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Police tactics/reaction to 'illegal' Raves

Poll Removed

• Removed

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Removed

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
No, not compulsory, just polite, and it looks neat, and gives each quote a little link so you can visit the quoted text. Your>>>>>'s break the page layout.

No, not compulsory, just polite, and it looks neat, and gives each quote a little link so you can visit the quoted text. Your>>>>>'s break the page layout.

Not sure what you mean. How do they break the page layout? It renders fine in firefox.

Listen to this. Be inspired.

Let's have a Rave.
It's been so long since we had a Rave, so let's have a Rave!
Let's invite all our friends,
And all our friends' friends!
Let's promenade down the hedgerows with terrific pride and light in our eyes,
Twelve feet tall and staggering.
Sick with joy with the angels there, and light in our eyes.

listen bumdribbler

however original and clever and far out and new and fresh and quick and organised and spiritual you are (or think you are)

there is no way there hasn't been some knobend scarily similar to you who hasn't 'thought it through' 'planned meticulously' and believe they have the back up who have tried and failed.

it reminds me of people wanting to put nights on in a venue i used to look after, they were students so had a semi excuse.
"yeah man we got this wickeed idea for a night yea! and you got a 1000 capacity venue and like we is gonna like bus peeps from brum and mancheser and if they all like pay £10 then that's £10 grand init, raaa ya git me, then next one...." blahblahblah dronedronedrone

give it up child, give it up

What is going to happen to that person?
The DJ is very likely to be suspected of involvement in organising the event and will undoubtedly be investigated ... which may well mean arrest and interview and, if there is sufficient evidence, charge and trial. All DJ equipment (inc. discs) is also likely to be seized.

... what's the worst that could happen to her?
Criminal conviction and any penalty up to and including youth custody if that is permitted for any offence she is convicted of.

But do you really think anyone is going to go "Oh right, so Shelley sorted it all out on her lonesome. That's really cool. We won't bother just checking a little bit further to see who's behind all this really ...".

(You'd need a 9 year old if you wanted someone who could just go "Yah boo sucks, I'm below the age of criminal responsibility and there's fuck all you can do ..." and then they'd likely to be taken into care anyway, cos their parents were clearly exposing them to all sorts of risks of harm ...

You really are becoming tiresome now. Why don't you just give up whilst you're only two laps behind ... :rolleyes:

listen bumdribbler

however original and clever and far out and new and fresh and quick and organised and spiritual you are (or think you are)

there is no way there hasn't been some knobend scarily similar to you who hasn't 'thought it through' 'planned meticulously' and believe they have the back up who have tried and failed.

it reminds me of people wanting to put nights on in a venue i used to look after, they were students so had a semi excuse.
"yeah man we got this wickeed idea for a night yea! and you got a 1000 capacity venue and like we is gonna like bus peeps from brum and mancheser and if they all like pay £10 then that's £10 grand init, raaa ya git me, then next one...." blahblahblah dronedronedrone

give it up child, give it up

How can you be so sure that we're not for real? I'm tired of people who keep saying "that will never work, if it could, someone else would have done it.". And why such aggression and hatred? If you don't believe me, can't you just say "that's a cute idea, but in my opinion it won't work, but good luck"

Criminal conviction and any penalty up to and including youth custody if that is permitted for any offence she is convicted of.

But do you really think anyone is going to go "Oh right, so Shelley sorted it all out on her lonesome. That's really cool. We won't bother just checking a little bit further to see who's behind all this really ...".

(You'd need a 9 year old if you wanted someone who could just go "Yah boo sucks, I'm below the age of criminal responsibility and there's fuck all you can do ..." and then they'd likely to be taken into care anyway, cos their parents were clearly exposing them to all sorts of risks of harm ...

You really are becoming tiresome now. Why don't you just give up whilst you're only two laps behind ... :rolleyes:

A homeless kid is not exactly going to mind youth custody.

I told you, they'd never believe it, but how would they find out who really master minded it, and prove it? It's a game of cat and mouse, and we're very good at it.
And if it does go well. And if we do clean up afterwards. And it is a victimless crime. And if £10,000+ does go to charity. Are they still going to care?

In fairness the 'blame a minor' idea is probably a bit stupid (I did say it wasn't my idea!), and will not be used. But I like to cover all possibilities, and to be honest I find discussing strange solutions interesting.

If you're tired of this thread, stop reading, stop posting. I hope you will continue to post useful information, but it's your choice.

At the moment my favourite idea is to say everyone is responsible, and it just happened spontaneously. How are they going to find out who is really responsible? They can't arrest everyone.

At the moment my favourite idea is to say everyone is responsible, and it just happened spontaneously. How are they going to find out who is really responsible? They can't arrest everyone.

100 years of forensic and detective experience rendered useless by claims of shared responsibility....

rather you than me

when they've seized your van, speakers, amps and cars and whoever turns up to say 'can we have our ball back please' then whammo.

hire van = whoever hired it.
names and addresses taken at the party of those left when everyone scarpers who isn't involved (as they inevitably will)

PCN checks of party goers all receiving letters from the local force warning the vehicle owner their car has been seen at an illegal rave and if it continues then warning you of ASBO laws (a good trick for people who drive parents cars or company cars)

if they want to bust you and prosecute you, they will.
if you say you are all involved you will all end up in court if it goes down like that. i know two lots of mass chargings after parties just off the top of my head from crews a lot more savvie than you. some of them got fines running in to £'000s

more than likely you will be left alone or agree to fuck off.

try and fuck the coppers and they will fuck you.

eta - you could do a suicide rig of course. where you just scarper with the decks and leave the rest behind :D

How can you be so sure that we're not for real? I'm tired of people who keep saying "that will never work, if it could, someone else would have done it.". And why such aggression and hatred? If you don't believe me, can't you just say "that's a cute idea, but in my opinion it won't work, but good luck"

That's a cute idea but, in my opinion, it won't work.

Do you feel better now? ;)

That's a cute idea but, in my opinion, it won't work.

Do you feel better now? ;)

It's better than all this abuse and hate.

I should point out that you speak from a position of ignorance, though. If you knew what I know, you might think differently.

Also, it's more useful if you say WHY it won't work. People are always going to be skeptical of things that haven't been done before, I know this. Most people are reactionaries.

It's better than all this abuse and hate.

I should point out that you speak from a position of ignorance, though. If you knew what I know, you might think differently.

Also, it's more useful if you say WHY it won't work. People are always going to be skeptical of things that haven't been done before, I know this. Most people are reactionaries.
so ste9, have you ever gone to a rave and if so, why do you want to replicate one? answers in less than 200 words welcome :)

So, is anyone reading this, thinking that it sounds really cool, and hoping that it isn't just a troll/joke?

Some positive feedback would be nice!

Maybe you really are all brainwashed reactionaries. "And we all learned not to believe"

witness-this-epic-thread.gif

You'd better hope that I'm not a troll, otherwise SOME of you are going to end up looking/feeling even more stupid than you do at the moment.

This thread has got the lot. It's been everything from highly informative, to utterly surreal, with a generous helping of comedy abuse and outright indignation. I think it was hitting a peak when the UXB signs turned into decoy ones planted by the protagonist. :eek: :)

Contender for thread of the year, and should - I think - from now on be referred to as "The Anarcho Peace War Rave on a Minefield Thread" (c) Bouncer the Dog. :D

Indignation is prime troll food.

I'm going to find your party.

:)

You are invited.

I'll be wearing a black t-shirt with 'mon' printed on the front and 'ste9' printed on the back. Come and say hello. (you can also probably identify me by the big neon 'arrest me' sign above my head...)

Back
Top Bottom