Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Podcasts

Off Menu which has James Acaster and Ed Gamble interviewing celebs about their dream restaurant menu is my new favourite show. Might have done about 30 episodes in the past three days 🤪

Anyone checked out the new podcast about the disappearance of Shergar.

The obvious choices to host a racing podcast would be John McCrirrick or Brough Scott. McCrirrick is dead and Scott is too deadpan.

How about Clare Balding? She's good. Probably too busy with Olympic and other work.

With them not available, I'd love to know how the BBC decided the host should be Vanilla Ice?

"We need a lyrical ninja.

Look no further"

Last edited:
Anyone checked out the new podcast about the disappearance of Shergar.

The obvious choices to host a racing podcast would be John McCrirrick or Brough Scott. McCrirrick is dead and Scott is too deadpan.

How about Clare Balding? She's good. Probably too busy with Olympic and other work.

With them not available, I'd love to know how the BBC decided the host should be Vanilla Ice?

"We need a lyrical ninja.

Look no further"
Partridge style commissioning.

Just found out about one that sounds pretty interesting, looking at Ferguson in the years after the uprising, specifically focusing on the death of an activist involved in the movement:

When 24-year-old Danyé Jones was found hanging from a tree in St. Louis County in 2018, police declared it a suicide. But his Ferguson frontline activist mother Melissa grabbed headlines with her viral post alleging her son had in fact died by lynching. Who was right? Starting only six weeks after Danyé died, journalists John Duffy and Ray Nowosielski spent two and a half years working with his mother, family members, close friends and many in the activist community to follow the trail and find out what exactly happened to him. After the Uprising is the result, an unforgettable 11-episode investigative podcast series that documents every shocking twist and turn in the investigation. The take-away: almost seven years after the Black Lives Matter movement was launched from this place, something is still terribly wrong in North County.
Not listened to any of it yet, but have listened to a bit of this interview about it:

Noel Ignatiev (How The Irish Became White, Race Traitor, Hard Crackers) interviewed for the not-always-great US anarchist podcast It's Going Down: Noel Ignatiev on 'Race Traitor,' White Supremacy, and Abolition - It's Going Down
Two of Ignatiev's comrades from STO and one from Hard Crackers interviewed on the Antifada, apparently Ignatiev has a new book out about his time in the steel mills, which seems like quite an achievement, considering:

Our old friend DaveCinzano talked about this filth case about 15 years ago.

Gun Trace Task Force (“GTTF”) in Baltimore.

Great podcast this. Especially for Wire or Shield fans :thumbs:

If anyone wants more on that, there's another podcast interview on the subject here:
Soderberg's book on the subject:

A new one by Mark Steel - What The Fuck Is Going On? :D

Am enjoying this one - really liked the story about Billy Bragg booking him to perform at Glastonbury at the same time as Dolly Parton's set, "going on to about 60 people, all of whom I hated, because why the fuck were they there watching me when Dolly Parton was just over there, I think I started off with 'what the fuck are you doing here, you idiots?'" :D Also the bit with his son explaining Tiktok to him.

I've only been an occasional podcast listener, but I have been listening to one this afternoon which I have been really enjoying .

It's a history podcast based on the lyrics to Billy Joel's We didn't start the fire , which name checks a lot of people/ places. So far I've listened to Harry Truman, Doris Day & I've now reached Red China.

Back
Top Bottom