Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

"Please don't riot, it's just what they want"

Do they mean "theory about a conspiracy" then?

Because that is what the words mean.

Example:

A while ago, Nick Davies at the Guardian had a theory that NI journalists were eavesdropping on all sorts of people. Turned out to include the families of murdered kids and stuff.

There must have been lots of panicked secretive meetings about damage limitation and the general argument put out there was that this was "one bad apple" etc.

Turns out that the practice was rife. Anyone who claimed such a thing 5 or so years ago could and quite possibly would have been denounced as a conspiracy theorist.

Anyone who claimed in the early 70s that Operation Gladio was a CIA op to discredit Italian Communism would certainly have been denounced as such . Turned out they were right.

Some conspiracy theories turn out to be true. Some turn out to be bollocks. Some we will never know for sure but can perhaps try and figure out a likelyhood. Please tell me what is wrong with this approach.

If there is something wrong with it, it must be that "conpiracy theory" doesn't mean "theory about a conspiracy" after all, that people have appopriated new meanings and definitions (I know some people have, the cartoonist Polyp (Paul Fitzgerald) did a piece for New Internationalist about it that folks may want to look up, he's a "conspiracy skeptic"). If it is somehow a "sociological recognised term" that "conspiracy theory" means "conspiracy theory that is basically wrong" then that is an unfair subversion of language.
No, you do not get to play the stuff has been exposed therefore there's a conspiracy card. You don't. Unless you bring some material to the table. Have you? What are you bringing to the the table?

The nick davis model in fact show how shit loonery is. They have produced nothing and he's produced something. I wonder whatever the difference might be.To try and use that yo back up your atlantis idiocy taffboy, it's pathetic.

I'd prefer it if you argued the topic under discussion rather than trading smart arse remarks, thanks.
there is no argument. on the one side you have taffboy whatisface making a play in favour of conspiracy theories, on the other side you have reason and light. there is no argument, there is bluster on the one side, and demands for evidence which are not forthcoming on the other.

there is no argument. on the one side you have taffboy whatisface making a play in favour of conspiracy theories, on the other side you have reason and light. there is no argument, there is bluster on the one side, and demands for evidence which are not forthcoming on the other.

On the one hand you have the analysis that some theories about conspiracies are true, some are not and some we will never know.

On the other you have an argument, not fully fleshed out, but appears to rely on the fact that "conspiracy theory" doesn't mean "theory about a conspiracy"

The latter, instead of fleshing out that curious outlook is now resorting to personalised attacks, often a sign that a case is floundering.

The nick davis model in fact show how shit loonery is. They have produced nothing and he's produced something. I wonder whatever the difference might be.To try and use that yo back up your atlantis idiocy taffboy, it's pathetic.

I'm not making any case for Atlantis. Putting stuff into people's mouths goes along with the ad hom attack as an often seen tell tale sign of a weak case.

On the one hand you have the analysis that some theories about conspiracies are true, some are not and some we will never know.

On the other you have an argument, not fully fleshed out, but appears to rely on the fact that "conspiracy theory" doesn't mean "theory about a conspiracy"

The latter, instead of fleshing out that curious outlook is now resorting to personalised attacks, often a sign that a case is floundering.
perhaps before addressing my posts you could bring your attention to bear on butchers' post 242.

All conspiracies might be true because something did something in secret! I think that you're right, the whole facade of the anti-loon view is collapsing like how it shouldn't.

More pertinently he has a background in what he is talking about. If you have a problem with shamanism or paranormal type stuff then perhaps you can start a sneery thread about it.
I suspect he has a background in caning it, and this is the right thread for having a laugh at these pricks and shysters.

His invitation to attend "The Ultimate Men's Summit" looks tempting though.

Discover how 21st Century Masculinity can best serve the world
Learn to partner with women in a new model of relationship
Activate a truly sacred, noble and powerful version of your manhood
Gain a new view of “success as a man” in the emerging culture
Discuss the transfer deadline
Learn from your elders – the men who began the Men’s Movement
Understand your unique psychology as a man
Find out how to stay alive and passionate in your relationships over time
Connect with other inspiring men in small group discussions
And much more… all empowering you to play your highest role in the great changes ahead of us!

I'm not making any case for Atlantis. Putting stuff into people's mouths goes along with the ad hom attack as an often seen tell tale sign of a weak case.
You believe ion Atlantis. belief in Atlantis make you a loon. It makes the what you process ionformation rally important. You also believe in very cultured extra-terrestrial astronauts. Because you believe this people should not - and do not - take you seriously.

I am rushing through stuff here. 30 secs of time to go. When stuff is fully exposed it is no longer a conpiracy "theory" as such.
tell you what. you must love parliament. 650 mps, meeting in secret conclave in the halls of westminster... or councils, where these 'committees' meet beyond the ken of the vast majority of the public. why don't you turn your energies to investigating these nebulous figures?

You believe ion Atlantis. belief in Atlantis make you a loon. It makes the what you process ionformation rally important. You also believe in very cultured extra-terrestrial astronauts. Because you believe this people should not - and do not - take you seriously.

It's a symptom of mankind's vanity to dismiss the possibility of life outside of human confines.

Sure. Then discuss that. But posting up insults like 'fucking shitferbrains loon wanker' is just personal abuse.

Atlantis may have existed, I'm pretty sure it doesn't now.

I heard a man trying to climb out of a glass bottle the other day, or was he climbing into one?
Look, you either believe in or not. Don't be wishy washy. They're your beliefs, at the very least recognise them as your own. Don't be a coward.

Right. So throwing around a torrent of pointless personal abuse is the way to win the argument, yes? Grow up.
You can't win full stop. You can demonstrate to people who aren't loons where the loons are being loons. There's nothing else. You might as well have a crack at them, as we both now it doesn't matter. It changes nothing.

You can't win full stop. You can demonstrate to people who aren't loons where the loons are being loons. There's nothing else. You might as well have a crack at them, as we both now it doesn't matter. It changes nothing.

People who don't follow your beliefs to the letter are loons, eh?

Back
Top Bottom