Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

An important clarification in the Irish Examiner.
Just as well that clarification happened:
EPP expresses its full support for Paschal Donohoe, Minister for Finance of Ireland in his campaign to become the next Eurogroup President.

As one of the Eurogroup’s longest-serving members, and as an elected politician since 2007 from EPP member party Fine Gael, Minister Donohoe has the necessary experience to lead the Eurogroup at this time. He has committed to acting as a bridge builder between all Member States; North and South, East and West, small and large.

STOP PRESS.... An important announcement....this if for pizza, NOT tarts. Now, where can I get a pizza oven into my flat? 🤔 Sourdough Pizza Base | Ready-to-Bake | Jus-Rol
I just made a pizza with this. It's quite sticky when it comes out of the packet, and the stretching is an art I haven't mastered yet. It didn't puff up at the edges as I was hoping, but is definitely better than any ready made bases I've tried. Crunchy and chewy. 7.5/10

2020-07-04 20.33.55.jpg

One of my favourite places does spinach, potato, Gorgonzola and walnut. It’s fab.
I'd never thought about potato on pizza - I am sure it is lovely, but it feels a little carbohydrate-heavy!

I pretty much only make two kinds, now - the basic sauce/mousetrap/mozzarella one, and the spinach, [gorgonzola], walnut one.

Oh, and on Friday I made one with some leftover melanzane parmigiani, with extra mozzarella, which was bloody lush.

My biggest problem with pizzas is the amount of space they take up in my freezer :rolleyes:

#bachelorcooking

I'd never thought about potato on pizza - I am sure it is lovely, but it feels a little carbohydrate-heavy!
You have to put those thoughts aside and push through.

Not that you need many. A few sliced, small new potatoes (pre boiled of course), drizzled with olive oil. The skin crisps up, and it works really well.

I do a pizza bianca with potatoes too. No tomato sauce. But potatoes, Rosemary, and a mix of mozzarella, Gorgonzola and mascarpone. Delicious.

existentialist do you soak the walnuts?

I like to mix up the toppings a fair bit. Spinach, mushroom, onion, pepperoni, chillies/jalapeños are the staples but like to change up the cheese. Have a bulk stock of frozen mozzarella but also like some dry cheeses herbs and olive oil atop.

Will try the sour dough next week.

Back
Top Bottom